|Weekly SEO news: 10 March 2009|
to the latest issue of the Search Engine Facts newsletter.
This week, we're taking a look at nine factors that can improve the usability of your website as well as your search engine rankings.
In the news: Microsoft's new search engine Kumo starts a test run, Yahoo lowers the minimum bids for many keywords, Google might share your data without your permission and more.
Table of contents:
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please pass this newsletter on to your friends.
|1. Nine factors that affect your website usability and SEO|
Optimizing web pages for search engines does not mean creating special pages for search engines. Optimizing web pages for search engines is often the same as optimizing web pages for web surfers.
If you do it correctly, your website will be attractive to both web surfers and search engine spiders. The following list shows nine factors that can improve the usability of your website as well as your search engine rankings.
1. You should have fast loading web pages
2. Your web pages should be easy to read
3. The contents of your web pages should be clearly arranged
4. Your web page images should use the IMG ALT attribute
5. You should use custom 404 not found error pages
6. Your website should be easy to navigate
7. Important content is above the fold
8. Your web page titles are explanatory
9. The URLs of your web pages are meaningful and self-explanatory
There are many more factors that influence the position of your website in Google's search results. If you want an in-depth analysis of elements of your web page, check your website with IBP's Top 10 Optimizer.
IBP's Top 10 Optimizer analyzes all of your web page elements and it tells you how to change your web pages so that your website will get top 10 rankings on Google.
|2. Search engine news and articles of the week|
|3. Success stories|
"We have managed to establish a niche."
|4. Previous articles|