|Weekly SEO news: 23 August 2016|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
We have just added a new tool to SEOprofiler. The new Uptime Monitor in SEOprofiler makes it easy to monitor your websites and servers.
It is better than other uptime monitors (see below to learn why) and it is a free addition for SEOprofiler users with a paid plan.
Why is the Uptime Monitor in SEOprofiler better?
The Uptime Monitor in SEOprofiler offers many things that other uptime monitors do not offer:
- Website performance monitoring: The Uptime Monitor in SEOprofiler checks the response time of the monitored web pages. If your web page has a slow performance, you will be notified.
website monitoring: How does your website
respond to mobile devices? The Uptime Monitor in SEOprofiler enables
you to select mobile user agents so that the Uptime Monitor gets the
same results as users from mobile devices.
With the Uptime Monitor in SEOprofiler, you can check desktop pages and mobile pages in one project.
- Googlebot health check: Does your website responds correctly to Google's requests? The Uptime Monitor in SEOprofiler enables you to select the Googlebot user agent. If there are any performance issues when Google's indexing robot tries to access your web pages, the Uptime Monitor will notify you.
- Page content monitoring: The Uptime Monitor can check the monitored pages for particular words. If these words are missing, hackers might have changed the contents of your website. The Uptime Monitor in SEOprofiler will notify you when this happens.
- 1 minute monitoring: Depending on your SEOprofiler plan, the Uptime Monitor can check your web pages as often as once per minute. That is much more often than most other uptime monitors check your site. With the Uptime Monitor in SEOprofiler, you will be the first to know about problems with your site.
- HTTP/HTTPS and HTTP/2 support: Google prefers secure web pages. The Uptime Monitor in SEOprofiler supports HTTP/HTTPS and HTTP/2.
Uptime Reports in your company design for your clients
Just like all other tools in SEOprofiler, the Uptime Monitor can create white-label reports in your company design.
You can send your customers PDF reports (also supported by the scheduler in SEOprofiler) and you can offer your clients web-based reports so that your clients can check their statistics at any time.
Uptime monitoring helps your business in many ways:
1. You protect the professional image of your business
A professional brand image is important. The brand image of your business depends on the level of customer satisfaction.
Frequent downtime issues can jeopardize the reputation of your online business. Monitoring your website is the best way to prevent these unwanted hazards and protect the image of your business.
2. You keep your customers happy
If your customers frequently access your website, you need high levels of uptime to ensure that your customers are happy.
If a downtime issue is unresolved for a prolonged period of time, then chances are quite likely that your customers will switch to your competitor.
3. You prevent losing sales
Frequent downtime issues can lead to lost sales. Some years ago, Amazon was down for only two hours. This led to a loss of $3.48 million. Website uptime is vital to online stores.
4. You make sure that your pages get good search engine rankings
Google does not like websites that are down. If your website comes up with constant downtime issues for one or more days, then it can suffer a huge setback in how your site is ranked by Google in its search results.
The search rankings of your web pages is influenced by the downtime and the speed of your website.
5. You detect hackers fast
One of the potential reasons that can lead to downtime are hackers. If a hacker compromises your website and puts in malicious code then your website is sure to suffer a setback. Website monitoring (and checking your pages for particular words) informs you about downtimes as they happen.
Try it now
SEOprofiler offers many more powerful tools that help you to improve your web pages. If you haven't done it yet, try SEOprofiler now:
Most properties had a 92% or 93% not provided count a year ago when you looked at just Google search keywords in Google Analytics. Now, I see between 96.25% and 98.25% of the keyword data being reported as not provided. I assume it will hit 100% when HSTS is fully live?"
On the one hand, for images we don't use the rel=canonical. So if you have the rel=canonical header in the images themselves, we don't use that."
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google ist testing images in mobile search results.
- Google shows business names in the headlines of call-only ads.
- Crucial for your site: HSTS (HTTP Strict Transport Security).
- Google turns to Reddit for accents to help improve voice recognition.
- Google testing more aggressive review & content calls to action on mobile Knowledge Panel.
- Google testing new colors in local 3 pack.
- How to find the top ranked pages of your site (and how they influence your website success)
- Official Google information: how to migrate from HTTP to HTTPS
- Little work, big results: how to increase your business sales with the new Ranking Monitor
- New in SEOprofiler: optimize your web pages for high rankings in Google's mobile search results
- Free as in beer: manage your links with the improved Link Manager tool
- New in SEOprofiler: the improved Starter Backlinks tool with 680 great link opportunities
- Why mobile rankings matter (and what you should do to benefit from mobile rankings)
- View all past issues...