|Weekly SEO news: 1 November 2016|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Search engine optimization isn't just about getting high rankings on search engines. It's also about reaching customers at the right time. If your website provides the right kind of information at the right time, people are more likely to interact with your website. How should you optimize your web pages to benefit from this?
What are micro-moments?
The term 'micro-moments' has been coined by Google. According to Google, a micro-moment is 'an intent-rich moment when a person turns to a device to act on a need - to know, go, do, or buy.'
Basically, micro-moments describe the different types of search that lead to a conversion on your website.
The four most important micro-moments
According to Google, there are four moments that matter:
- I-want-to-know moments: when someone is exploring, but not necessarily in purchase mode.
moments: when someone is looking for a local business or
is considering buying a product at a nearby store.
- I-want-to-do moments: when someone wants help completing a task or trying something new.
- I-want-to-buy moments: when someone is ready to make a purchase and may need help deciding what to buy or how to buy it
How to benefit from micro-moments
All of the four micro-moment categories can send targeted visitors to your website. To get the best results, you have to understand the customer intent.
For example, people who eventually book a vacation typically go through different phases: thinking about a vacation, exploring different options, planning the vacation and booking the vacation.
In each phase, the customer uses different keywords on search engines. Create keyword lists for each phase: 'what are good places for a summer holiday?', 'what can I do in miami?', 'best hotels in florida', 'four stars hotels in atlanta', etc.
How to get keyword ideas
The keyword tools in SEOprofiler help you to get keyword ideas for your search engine optimization campaigns. You get many different tools:
- Keyword Suggestion Tool: get keyword suggestions, search volume, estimated bid, competition
- Keyword Spy: get the keywords that your competitors use for SEO and paid search marketing
- WDF Keyword Analyzer: get the keywords that your competitors use on their web pages
- Keyword Difficulty Tool: find out how difficult it is to get high rankings for a particular keyword
- Keyword optimization tools: create long tail keywords, optimize keyword lists for Google AdWords, add qualifying words to your keywords lists, and much more.
Google's concept of micro-moments is Google's way to tell you that your website should offer your website visitors what they want, when they want it. Optimize different pages of your website for different keywords that target the different stages of the buying process.
The tools in SEOprofiler help you to find these keywords, and they also help you to get high rankings for these keywords. If you haven't done it yet, try SEOprofiler now:
He also said that a text link with anchor text is better for Google than an image link.
Many feel that impressing and standing out from the crowd with something flashy and out-there is the most effective approach. You’ll get no argument from me that this isn’t a good attitude to have, but don’t forget the basics, and above all don’t forget the users."
Compared to standard text ads, Expanded Text Ads are a new mobile-optimized ad format which provides more ad space using an additional ad title, longer text and customizable paths to better grab the attention of customers."
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Hackers & phishers using Google’s AMP URLs to disguise malicious links.
- Google AMP gets mixed reviews from publishers.
- Reddit.com announces new ad model.
- Angela Merkel: Internet search engines are 'distorting perception.'
- Google is testing another search layout.
- Shared budgets now available in Bing Ads.
- Search Risk – How Google almost killed ProtonMail.
- Google adds new HTML5 effects to search box in search results.
- Four things you can do to get banned on Google
- Insider talk: more about Google's new Penguin algorithm
- How to avoid problems with duplicate content
- All you need to know about Google's Penguin 4 algorithm update
- WDF? How to find the most relevant keywords on a page.
- Can your customers find your website if they search on mobile phones?
- New in SEOprofiler: more than 800 good links for your site (free tool)
- Find the links that matter: the Top 5 Link Finder tool
- View all past issues...