|Weekly SEO news: 13 July 2021|
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
1. Official: how Google ranks search results and prevents spam
In a podcast that is also available on YouTube, Google's John Mueller, Gary Illyes, Martin Splitt and Duy Nguyen spoke about how Google ranks search results and prevent spam.
How does Google rank web pages?
Google starts with a shortlist that contains around thousand results. For that list, Google uses pages that have relevant and topical content for the query. Google then applies many ranking signals to the shorter list. Each document in the list gets scores and numbers. The search results page is the result of that calculation.
Gary Illyes also said that the HTTPS ranking signal would never rearrange the search results. It is only makes a difference if two pages have the same score in the other factors.
How does Google prevent spam?
Google uses machine learning models to deal with obvious spam. That allows the Google search quality team to focus on more important work such as hacked spam, scams and other things the machine learning model cannot detect.
As Google's machine learning models have a lot of years of data, Google is very confident that it works well.
How can you optimize your web pages for Google?
If you want to get ranked on Google, your web pages must contain the elements that Google wants. The Top 10 Optimizer in SEOprofiler helps you to ensure that your web pages contain all necessary elements.
The website audit tool in SEOprofiler helps you to ensure that your web pages do not contain errors that have a negative impact on your rankings.
Improve your rankings now
It's possible to improve your rankings on Google if you do the right things. Optimize your website now with the SEO tools in SEOprofiler and get more website visitors:
Editor's note: Check the HTTP status codes of your web pages (404 and more) with the website audit tool in SEOprofiler.
Editor's note: You can check the link structure of your website with the website audit tool.
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google test: removing full URLs and breadcrumbs.
- Google: Demand for privacy is not going to go away.
- Today's my last day at Google. My "shields down" moment was the firing of @timnitGebru, then @mmitchell_ai, and all the constant gaslighting since then.
- Google angers employees with 'hypocritical' remote work policies.
- Google: Highlight your customer support methods in Google Search.
- Bing Ads: Let your brand shine with Multimedia Ads.
- Post book reviews on Google.
- Google has released the July 2021 core update
- Google has released a spam algorithm update
- Google: Quality is a site-wide ranking signal
- Keyword suggestion tool: how to find the best SEO keywords for your website
- Two Google core updates (one in June, one in July)
- Google: you should check 5xx errors on your website
- Official: you don't need a high score in all three Core Web Vitals for a ranking boost
- View all past issues...