|Weekly SEO news: 12 October 2021|
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
1. Google: SEO is all about not requiring search engines to read your mind
Google's John Mueller posted on Twitter that SEO is all about not requiring search engines to read your mind. There are many things that you can do to show search engines what you want.
SEO is all about not requiring search engines to read your mind :-)— 🧀 John 🧀 (@JohnMu) October 2, 2021
How to improve your rankings on search engines
If you do the right things in the right order, you will save a lot of time and money. Do the following things to get high rankings on Google and other search engine.
1: Understand how SEO works
Read the chapter "The basics" in the SEOprofiler manual to learn how search engine optimization (SEO) will help you to increase your sales. You will save a lot of time if you understand the basic concept of search engine optimization before you start.
For example, it is important to know that a single spam element on your website can destroy all of your other activities.
2: Choose your keywords carefully
Take some time to find the right keywords for your website. The most obvious keywords usually aren't the best keywords for SEO.
It is not important that your website is ranked for popular keyword that many people search for. It is important that your website is ranked for keywords that attract targeted visitors who will buy something on your website. Keyword suggestion tools can be found here.
3: Optimize your web pages
Optimizing your web pages is important if you want to get high rankings on Google and other search engines. Links are important, but the content of your web pages is the foundation of your rankings. Web page optimization tools can be found here.
4: Get good links from other websites
If more than one page is relevant to a keyword, the page with the best links will get the highest ranking. Links are an important ranking signal in the algorithm of Google, Bing and other search engines. Link building and link analysis tools can be found here.
5: Check your results
When you have done all of the above, you can use the Ranking Monitor in SEOprofiler to find out how search engines rank your website. Note that it is not important that your website has high rankings for all possible keywords. Your website must have high rankings for the right keywords that lead to sales.
Search engine optimization is not about getting high rankings for popular keywords. Search engine optimization is about getting high rankings for keywords that deliver buyers to your website. A good rank tracking solution can be found here.
Optimize your website now
The SEOprofiler manual contains many checklists that help you to work as efficiently as possible. The project overview page in your SEOprofiler account also has a step-by-step list that guides you through the optimization process. You can create your SEOprofiler account here:
Editor's note: Check the redirects on your website with the website audit tool.
Editor's note: Improve indexing of your web pages by checking your website with the website audit tool.
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google's John Mueller: changing IP addresses doesn't change much for search.
- Google: What made me want to fight for fair AI.
- Google Search wants to curate big news. It could be a minefield.
- Google is now focused on making its iPhone and iPad apps feel more native to iOS.
- Meet the ex-Googler who’s exposing the tech-military industrial complex.
- How to migrate your website to a new domain
- Three critical things you need for successful SEO
- New in SEOprofiler: even more locations for local SEO and rank tracking
- Search engine optimization for international websites
- Discovering, evaluating and indexing: how Google ranks your web pages
- How to recover your rankings after a ranking drop
- Search engine optimization (SEO): SEO agency or in-house SEO?
- View all past issues...