|Last week, we gave you an overview of major search engine toolbars. As this is the "Search Engine Ranking Facts" newsletter, how does the toolbar overview relate to search engine ranking facts?
We published the toolbar article because it's a great example of how you can improve the link popularity of your web site: with the help of unique content.
If you don't know yet that improving the link popularity of your web site increases your search engine ranking, you can read an introductory article here.
You can ask other webmasters to link to your site in order to increase the link popularity of your web site. But why should they link to your site? It only makes sense for them to link to your web site if your site is worth linking to. Every outbound link on a web site is a recommendation for the linked site so people like to link to sites that offer great articles or information you can't find elsewhere.
This summer, there were several news stories when a new search engine toolbar had been released. When we wanted to inform us about those toolbars we noticed that there were many web pages describing some of the toolbars but that there was not a single page that compared all toolbars. We immediately recognized a good opportunity to write such an article ourselves.
Now, with this article in our newsletter archive, our web site offers unique content that you can't find elsewhere. We expect other sites to link to our toolbar overview article as time goes on. This will increase the link popularity of our web site which in turn will increase the ranking of our site in the search engines.
Writing articles can improve your link popularity in several ways:
- You can send articles to web sites that publish articles. Just search Google for the key phrase "add article" (including the quotes) and you'll find many sites that accept articles. When your article has been published, they also publish a link to your site thereby improving the link popularity of your web site.
- Every article is automatically full of keywords that potential visitors search for in the search engines. Even better, every article contains key phrases that you didn't think of before. With every article, chances increase that web surfers will find your site in the search engines.
- When you publish many articles about the topic of your business, your visitors will see you as an expert in your business area. They're more likely to buy from you and they're more likely to link to your site.
- If you publish many articles on your web site, people will notice it and they will voluntaritly link to your web site because of the great content.
- You can also allow your articles to be re-published as long as credit is given to you and your site. This can be an excellent viral marketing tool. As some sites publish your article, others will read your article and decide to re-publish it, too.
Writing articles is an excellent way to improve your link popularity--but what if you can't write because of lacking writing skills or time constraints?
You can use pre-written articles from web sites that offer free articles for you to re-publish. When you add them to your site, you can still build content and share some of the benefits mentioned above.
Here's a list of some good article directories where you can find articles and where you can submit your articles to:
If you want, you can also re-publish our newsletter articles as long as you don't change the contents and provide a link to our web site. Just visit our newsletter archive.
Of course, articles are only one way to improve the link popularity of your web site. The link popularity software program ARELIS helps you to locate and contact potential link partners. It also helps you to create and manage your link pages quickly and easily.
Back to table of contents - Visit Axandra.com