|Weekly SEO news: 28 February 2017|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Based on your feedback, and on our long experience as search engine optimization tool developers, we have created a brand new Website Audit tool that will help you to improve your web pages quickly and easily.
A professional SEO audit provides deep insights into the current state of your site. It is crucial if you want to run a successful Internet marketing campaign.
Everything you need to know about your web pages
The new Website Audit tool analyzes all the elements that influence the position of your web pages on Google and other search engines. The results are clearly arranged:
Easy to understand: actionable items and clear instructions
It's good to be informed when there's something wrong with your pages. It's even better if you also get instructions on how to fix the errors. The Website Audit tool shows you how to remove the errors from your pages:
Comprehensive: the most complete SEO website audit tool
In addition to the actionable items that help you to fix the errors on your pages, we also parse the data to show you the most important statistics.
For example, you get statistics about internal and external links, indexability problems, an analysis of the robots.txt file of the website, statistics about the speed of the pages, the topics on the pages, security settings, and much more.
The new Website Audit tool in SEOprofiler gives you all the data that you need.
White-label: reports for your clients in your company design
Just like all tools in SEOprofiler, the new Website Audit tool enables you to create impressive reports for your clients. You can create PDF reports in your company design, and you can offer your clients web-based reports in your company design.
The reports have no reference to SEOprofiler (depending on your SEOprofiler plan) and your clients will think that you created the reports for them.
What's new in the new Website Audit tool?
The new Website Audit tool has been rewritten from the ground up. There are several new pages in the report:
- New: The overview page now shows the progress of every web page issue over time.
- New: The new page "Content topics" shows the most popular topics on the pages of a site.
- New: The new page "Duplicate content" shows the duplicate content of your website at a glance.
- New: The new page "Indexability" shows the indexability of the pages of the analyzed website.
- New: The new page "Links to external pages" shows the most linked external domains on the website with statistics.
- New: The new page "Links to internal pages" shows a statistical overview of the internal links on the analyzed website.
- New: The new page "Security" reports security problems of your website.
- New: The new pages "Structured data" and "Technologies" give an overview of the usage of structured data markup code and other technologies (for example AMP) on the analyzed website.
What's better in the new Website audit tool?
The new Website Audit tool in SEOprofiler is the most comprehensive audit tool that you can get. We also improved the features that were available in the previous version:
- Better: Now supports HTTP/2 and all kinds of HTTPS sites (including the more exotic configurations).
- Better: Now checks for the maximum title width (in pixels) that Google is able to display on the search result page.
- Better: Now follows frameset links (FRAME src, IFRAME src) on websites that use outdated framing methods.
- Better: You can now export duplicate page titles, duplicate meta descriptions and all "noindex" errors. In addition, you can now preview the export files.
- Better: The robots.txt file will now be checked for syntax errors and spelling mistakes in commands.
- Better: The Website Audit tool now supports all kinds of structured data that is used by Google, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex, Twitter and Facebook, i.e. JSON-LD, RDFa, Microdata, Microformats, Twitter Cards and Open Graph.
- Better: You can now override your robots.txt file by specifying a crawl delay and a list of allowed/disallowed URLs.
- Better: You can now enter up to 1000 words (per project) that will be ignored by the spell checker.
- Better: You can now specify a user agent. For example, this enables you to crawl your website as Googlebot.
- Better: You can now select the Accept-Language header to crawl locale-adaptive content.
- Better: AJAX escaped fragment websites will now be recognized automatically.
- Better: The Website Audit tool now loads pages with a size of up to 10 MB.
You get better filters, better instructions, and much more. The new website audit tool offers everything that you need to get the best rankings for your web pages.
Good for your business, your clients, and your rankings
Checking your website with the Website Audit tool in SEOprofiler makes sure that your website works as expected. It makes sure that your clients don't encounter errors, and it makes sure that search engines can rank your web pages as well as possible.
Try the new Website Audit tool now
The new Website Audit tool makes sure that your web pages perform as well as possible. If you haven't done it yet, create your SEOprofiler account now:
Work hard to analyze your
site objectively and weed out the problems. Maintain a long-term view
for improving your site quality-wise. Don’t put band-aids on the
situation. Make significant changes to your site to improve quality
overall. That’s how you win."
Editor's note: The new website audit tool in SEOprofiler can help you to improve the overall quality of your website.
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Links to AMP content are showing up outside of search results.
Editor's note: The new website audit tool in SEOprofiler also checks AMP content.
- Google account bug breaks sign ins, Google Wifi and other services.
- Google’s expanded ads format delivers unexpected results.
- Google to sunset Google Site Search by end of 2017.
- How to get on Google's first page by following four rules
- These five things are the key to high rankings on Google
- Eight things you can do to avoid website vandalism
- Fewer visitors, more sales. Here's how to do it.
- Google: how to optimize the crawl budget of your website
- New Google patent: how search engines see entities and what you have to do about it
- View all past issues...