|Weekly SEO news: 28 March 2017|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
1. How to use structured data and other technologies to improve the display of your web pages in the search results
Structured data markup and other technologies can help you to get prettier listings on Google's search results pages. For example, pages that contain structured data markup for recipes look like this on Google:
Structured data markup code can greatly improve the display of your web pages in the search results. The JSON-LD markup code creator for rich snippets can help you to create that code quickly and easily.
You should only add structured data code that applies to your website. Google does not like structured data spam.
Other technologies can also help your web pages
For example, having a Windows Tile icon or an Apple Touch icon can improve the display of your website on mobile devices. AMP (accelerated mobile pages) are preferred by Google for some website types.
How to check your web pages for these technologies
The Website Audit tool in SEOprofiler checks your pages for structured data markup and other technologies:
Use the Website Audit tool in SEOprofiler and analyze the pages of your site and make sure that Google and other search engines display them beautifully on the result pages.
Check your pages now
If you haven't done it yet, create your SEOprofiler account now. In addition to the Website Audit Tool, SEOprofiler offers many more tools that help you to get more out of your web pages:
In our own analysis, we said Fred targeted low-value content that focused on revenue generation techniques."
Editor's note: This seems to be another anti-spam update that targets low quality content.
Mobile sites don’t have a lot of the metadata that desktop sites have. We’re aiming for a quality-neutral launch. We don’t want users to experience a loss in quality of search results. We need to replace the signals that are missing in the mobile web."
Some 360 images might be movie videos and that would be handled differently but with 360 images that are made up of many images, Google should be able to index and rank those images - the question is, which one. Google Image Search doesn't yet have a way to find 360 degree images."
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google prefers HTTPS sites - Are your site security settings correct?
- How does a mobile crawl of your website look like?
- The great ranking mystery: why your pages don’t rank although everything seems to be okay
- New in SEOprofiler: the very best SEO website audit tool that you can get
- How to get on Google's first page by following four rules
- These five things are the key to high rankings on Google
- Eight things you can do to avoid website vandalism
- Fewer visitors, more sales. Here's how to do it.
- View all past issues...