|Weekly SEO news: 4 April 2017|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
The new Website Audit tool in SEOprofiler offers many powerful features that will help you to get better rankings for your web pages on Google and other search engines.
Fortunately, the website audit tool is very easy to use:
Step 1: create a project for your website
When you create a new SEOprofiler account, you will automatically create a new project for the website that you enter in the sign up form.
If you already have a SEOprofiler account and want to get an audit report for a new website, just create a new project on the dashboard page:
You can open the dashboard page by clicking on the SEOprofiler logo in your SEOprofiler account, or by selecting Your account > Your projects in the menu on the left in your account.
Step 2: view the report overview
When you create a new project, the Website Audit tool will automatically create an audit report for the site. Depending on the size of the website, this can take some time.
When the report has been created, go to the overview page of the report:
The overview page shows the errors that the Website Audit tool found on your pages. Click the 'Show pages' button next to an error to view the pages of your website that contain this error.
Step 3: correct the errors
After clicking the 'Show pages' button, you will see the pages that contain a particular error. Alternatively, you can click 'Checked files' in the menu on the left to get an overview of all checked files.
Click the 'Details' button next to a page URL to view the errors that we found on the page:
The errors are grouped into different categories: real errors (things that have a negative influence on your rankings), warnings (things that might have a negative influence on your rankings), notices (things that do not affect your rankings but are bad for the user experience), and spelling mistakes.
Each error has a 'To do' that shows the things that you have to do to remove the error.
That's all there is to it
If you correct the errors that the Website Audit tool found on your pages, it will be easier for search engines to index your pages. In addition, you make sure that your website visitors don't encounter errors.
If you haven't done it yet, create your SEOprofiler account now to get a detailed SEO website audit report for your website:
Gary Illyes from Google also happen to have posted a DYK explaining that it is rare to see two results from the same domain. But if you do, it is because the quality of the other sites are extremely low. "
Sometimes you've seen them where a floating box is hovering over most of the content on your smartphone, asking you to chat with them. Those types of implementations can be an issue and get you hit by this 'penalty.'"
I’m going to recount the bulk of the questions asked, and the answers from Illyes and/or Moeva."
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- GoTo.com relaunches as a regular search engine.
- Google testing breadcrumb URLs above titles on mobile search results.
- Baidu becomes Google’s biggest ally in mobile page speed.
- Google My Business suggested changes issues.
- Are your paid search ads cannibalizing your organic search traffic?
- Google updates “Right to be forgotten” form.
- How Google may rank websites based upon their databases answering queries.
- Bing Ads: Monthly budgets will migrate this April.
- How to use structured data and other technologies to improve the display of your web pages in the search results
- Google prefers HTTPS sites - Are your site security settings correct?
- How does a mobile crawl of your website look like?
- The great ranking mystery: why your pages don’t rank although everything seems to be okay
- New in SEOprofiler: the very best SEO website audit tool that you can get
- How to get on Google's first page by following four rules
- These five things are the key to high rankings on Google
- View all past issues...