|Weekly SEO news: 18 April 2017|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
1. How the loading time of your web pages affects your search engine rankings (and your bottom line)
Google likes fast web pages. According to Google's John Mueller, web pages should load within three seconds or less. Page speed is a factor in Google's ranking algorithm.
Fast web pages are important
Google has a 'mobile first' strategy. Google wants to deliver web pages in the search results that are displayed quickly on mobile devices. Your pages should deliver the fastest user experience you can achieve.
In addition to the influence of fast pages on your Google rankings, fast pages are also important for the user experience:
- Mobile Internet users will leave websites that are too slow, frozen, or not available.
- Most consumers expect a web page to load in a few seconds.
- Many consumers abandon websites that do not load within five seconds.
- Each second that your web pages need longer to load can have a negative influence on the conversion rate of your website.
If your web pages do not load quickly enough, you will lose customers. In addition, Google won't rank your web pages as highly as they could be ranked.
How to check the loading time of your web pages
Among many other things, the Website Audit tool in SEOprofiler checks the loading time of your web pages. The 'Performance' page in the audit report shows the fastest and the slowest pages of your website, and it lets you filter the pages of your website by loading time:
If you do not make sure that your website loads quickly, your competition will make sure that their websites do.
Optimize your web pages now
SEOprofiler offers many powerful tools that help you to get better rankings on Google and other search engines. If you haven't done it yet, create your SEOprofiler account now and check the speed of your web pages in the Website Audit tool:
Normally, a response from John would be, it doesn't matter much for Google, but use as many H1 tags as you think would benefit your reader."
Editor's note: The linked pages will still be devalued. We do not recommend nofollow for internal links because you basically show Google that you do not trust your own links.
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Are AdWords advertisers about to get a lot more Quality Score reporting metrics?
- Google My Business lets you enter URL attributes for other business information.
- Is Google AMP worth it? If your website has a poor mobile experience, AMP should be a low priority for you – there are bigger fish to fry.
- Google: You have better things to do than
update your disavow file.
- New in SEOprofiler: how does your website look on
- How to use the new Website Audit tool in SEOprofiler
- How to use structured data and other technologies to improve the display of your web pages in the search results
- Google prefers HTTPS sites - Are your site security settings correct?
- How does a mobile crawl of your website look like?
- The great ranking mystery: why your pages don’t rank although everything seems to be okay
- New in SEOprofiler: the very best SEO website audit tool that you can get
- View all past issues...