|Weekly SEO news: 22 August 2017|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Links are still the most important factor in the algorithms of Google and other search engines. The right links will have a major impact on the rankings of your web pages. If your website has too many spam links, your website will get in trouble (although Google has lowered the negative influence of bad links).
The following checklists helps you to find out if a link is a good or a bad link.
The more boxes you can tick in the checklist above, the better the link. In addition to the factors above, there are some other things that can have a positive influence:
If you can tick all of these boxes, you can be sure that the link is an extremely good link that will have a positive influence on the search engine rankings of your website.
You do not have to tick all boxes
Unfortunately, most links do not fulfill these criteria. That does not mean that these links are bad. It just means that there can be links that are even better. If you can tick only one of the boxes above, you should keep the link.
It is normal that websites have a mixed link profile. A new link from a small and unimportant website from today might be a great link from a major website in the future. Do not pass on a link just because the linking website is small. As long as the link is relevant, everything is fine.
Some links are not so good
In the past, bad links could have a negative influence on your Google rankings. Google has changed this. Currently, Google simply ignores low quality links that point to your site. However, if you have too many bad links, you might still get a manual penalty.
Check the following to find out if Google could think that a link is spam:
How to check the backlinks of any website
The Link Profiler tool in SEOprofiler enables you to check the links of any website. To make things easier for you, the Link Profiler tool automatically categorizes the links, you can sort the links by anchor text and other factors, you can create disavow files for bad links, and much more.
Log in to SEOprofiler and check your links now:
The code of the snippets is technically incorrect. You can use the structured data testing tool to check the code. You use the wrong markup type, or the code is otherwise not compliant with Google’s policies. There is a general quality issue with your website. Some hours later, John Mueller added that Google also does not show reviews for adult related products and services."
Editor's note: You can use the rich-snippet creator in SEOprofiler to easily create rich data code for your own web pages.
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google ignores unrecognized attributes when parsing HTML code.
- Google adds AMP testing tool box to search results.
- Are press releases still good for SEO?
- Google on how to block your staging server .
- Bing Ads: introducing labels for performance data.
- Google working to fix the ability to leave local reviews on Google Maps.
- Yandex introduces extended text ads.
- Unsurprisingly, Google's John Mueller confirms that internal and external links have different weight.
- How does Googlebot render your pages?
- Do not get in trouble: check these four crucial website elements
- All or nothing. Be the winner in three rounds!
- Flat or deep? How a solid website structure can help your search engine rankings.
- The top 9 on-page optimizations that you can do to improve the position of your website on Google and other search engines
- SEO case study for a car repair shop (including concrete recommendations)
- How the canonical tag can hurt your search engine rankings
- View all past issues...