|Weekly SEO news: 7 April 2020|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Set your goals right and you will achieve much better search engine optimization results. You will save a lot of time and you will make more money. This article helps you to work more efficiently.
1. You don't need as many visitors as possible
This is a mistake that many beginners make. It's a good idea to to get many website visitors. However, you need the right visitors.
Doubling the number of visitors usually does not double your sales. You need visitors that are interested in your offers. If people come through traffic exchange programs to your website, they won't buy. If you optimize your website for generic keywords that have a very high search volume, people won't buy. Better optimize for targeted keywords with fewer competitors.
How to save time:
Focus on the quality of the visitors. Avoid traffic sources that deliver untargeted traffic. Optimize your web pages for keywords with a high conversion rate. Avoid vanity keywords that just look good. Getting 100 visitors through good keywords is much better than getting 1000 visitors through bad keywords.
2. You don't always need higher rankings than your competitors
For some keywords, it doesn't matter if your website is listed on position 2 or position 7. Searchers will check multiple results on the first results page before they make a decision. If your website is listed in the top 3 results, it is possible that the time and effort that is necessary to move your website to position 1 is better used to get high rankings for new keywords.
The number of targeted visitors that you get through the new keywords might be more than the additional visitors that you get by increasing the position for a single keyword.
How to save time:
It's sometimes better to optimize for new keywords than to optimize for keywords for which you already have good rankings.
3. You don't have to use the keywords with the highest search volume
Keywords with high search numbers aren't necessarily the best keywords for your website. High volume keywords are often generic and they do not convert well.
If a keyword is so competitive that your website won't get on the first result page then this keyword won't work for you. If you cannot make it on page one then it doesn't make sense to use that keyword.
A targeted keyword with a low search volume will deliver more sales to your website. If you want great results, don't waste your time on high volume keywords that will deliver worthless traffic to your site. Focus on long-tail keywords that are much more likely to convert.
How to save time:
Use the keyword tool in SEOprofiler to find targeted keywords. Use the search numbers as a bonus but do not choose your keywords based on the number of searches. If a keyword is related to your business, you should use it on one of your web pages.
A highly relevant keyword with few searches usually has a much higher conversion rate than a general keyword with many searches.
Save time and money
Do the right things in the right order and you will get results quicker. The step-by-step SEO guide helps you to work as efficiently as possible.
SEO The tools in SEOprofiler will help you to work even more efficiently. You can create your SEOprofiler account here:
Stay safe during these difficult times!
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- How has COVID-19 impacted Google My Business?
- Google has a BETA COVID-19 announcement submission tool search console.
- Google: How to add structured data for COVID-19 announcements.
- Microsoft's Bing search engine is testing a new logo.
- Google logo says 'Stay Home. Save Lives.' With coronavirus tips results.
- Chromium: Temporarily rolling back SameSite cookie changes.
- UK judge gives Google a choice: Either let SEO expert read your ranking algos or withdraw High Court evidence.
- As easy as 1-2-3: how to get a technical audit of your website
- How to optimize your website efficiently
- Official SEOprofiler discount: get all SEOprofiler plans with a 33% discount
- Official: Google mobile-first indexing for all websites starting September 2020
- Google: we now treat nofollow links as hints
- Local SEO: get your website ranked in Google's local results
- SEO website audits made easy
- Study: meta descriptions are very important - how to write them
- How to improve your business by tracking your search engine rankings
- Google updates mobile-first indexing best practices
- View all past issues...