|Weekly SEO news: 5 May 2020|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Google's John Mueller said on Twitter that Google may start to deindex URLs after two days if your website is down.
Depending on how it goes down, we can start dropping URLs after a couple of days. This happens on a per-URL basis. Also, when it comes back, often we can catch up quickly again too.— 🍌 John 🍌 (@JohnMu) March 30, 2020
How to avoid getting deindexed
If you want to avoid that your website gets delisted, you should ensure that your website does not get down.
The uptime monitor in SEOprofiler helps you to do this. It is better than other uptime monitors (see below to learn why) and it is included in all SEOprofiler plans.
Why is the Uptime Monitor in SEOprofiler better?
The Uptime Monitor in SEOprofiler offers many things that other uptime monitors do not offer:
- Website performance monitoring: The Uptime Monitor in SEOprofiler checks the response time of the monitored web pages. If your web page has slow performance, you will be notified.
- Mobile website monitoring: How does your website respond to mobile devices? The Uptime Monitor in SEOprofiler enables you to select mobile user agents so that the Uptime Monitor gets the same results as users from mobile devices.
With the Uptime Monitor in SEOprofiler, you can check desktop pages and mobile pages in one project.
- Googlebot health check: Does your website responds correctly to Google's requests? The Uptime Monitor in SEOprofiler enables you to select the Googlebot user agent. If there are any performance issues when Google's indexing robot tries to access your web pages, the Uptime Monitor will notify you.
- Page content monitoring: The Uptime Monitor can check the monitored pages for particular words. If these words are missing, hackers might have changed the contents of your website. The Uptime Monitor in SEOprofiler will notify you when this happens.
- 1 minute monitoring: Depending on your SEOprofiler plan, the Uptime Monitor can check your web pages as often as once per minute. That is much more often than most other uptime monitors check your site. With the Uptime Monitor in SEOprofiler, you will be the first to know about problems with your site.
- HTTP/HTTPS and HTTP/2 support: Google prefers secure web pages. The Uptime Monitor in SEOprofiler supports HTTP/HTTPS and HTTP/2.
Uptime Reports in your company design for your clients
Just like all other tools in SEOprofiler, the Uptime Monitor can create white-label reports in your company design.
You can send your customers PDF reports (also supported by the scheduler in SEOprofiler) and you can offer your clients web-based reports so that your clients can check their statistics at any time.
Uptime monitoring helps your business in many ways:
Try it now
SEOprofiler offers many more powerful tools that help you to improve your web pages. If you haven't done it yet, try SEOprofiler now:
Stay safe during these difficult times!
A soft 404 is a URL that returns a page telling the user that the page does not exist and also a 200-level (success) code."
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google: The removals tool should not be used for site-moves -- it doesn't change indexing at all.
- Google: AMP versions of web pages do not need their own links.
- Google's Danny Sullivan: Google exists because of users.
- Google testing question hub. Here are some screenshots.
- Google is testing search related to option on the SERP, with underlines and search icon beside the queries.
- Google uses many different ranking signals.
- How to get your SEO campaign started
- Get more customers with a better website menu
- Keyword research made easy: the keyword suggestion tools in SEOprofiler
- Smarter search engine optimization: you don't have to beat everyone
- As easy as 1-2-3: how to get a technical audit of your website
- How to optimize your website efficiently
- Official SEOprofiler discount: get all SEOprofiler plans with a 33% discount
- Official: Google mobile-first indexing for all websites starting September 2020
- View all past issues...