|Weekly SEO news: 12 May 2020|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Google has announced a core algorithm update on Twitter. This is the second core update of the 2020 year, the first update was the January 2020 core update. What should you do now?
Later today, we are releasing a broad core algorithm update, as we do several times per year. It is called the May 2020 Core Update. Our guidance about such updates remains as we’ve covered before. Please see this blog post for more about that:https://t.co/e5ZQUAlt0G— Google SearchLiaison (@searchliaison) May 4, 2020
Google's Danny Sullivan confirmed that the core update also affects Google Discover:
As our post explains, core updates may affect Discover. You should consider the advice in that post: https://t.co/1fs2oIS54L— Danny Sullivan (@dannysullivan) May 6, 2020
What you should do now
Google's advice for core updates remains the same. Core updates do not penalize websites. For example, cleaning your links won’t help if your rankings drop after a core update. Instead, it’s likely that other websites do something better than your website.
If you want to get high rankings with Google's new ranking algorithm, just do the usual things that are needed to get high rankings:
1. Create web pages with good content
Your website should contain many pages that are related to the topic of your website. If the content of your website is unique, it will be much easier to get high rankings on Google (and other search engines).
2. Get good links from other websites
If your web pages have good links from related websites, they will rank higher than other pages that do not have these links. Analyze the links that point to your site and improve the links that point to your web pages.
If there are unnatural links to your web pages, you should remove these bad links.
3. Ensure that your website is mobile-ready
Most people visit websites on smartphones. For that reason, it is very important that your website works with mobile phones. The website audit tool in SEOprofiler can check if your pages can be indexed by mobile search engine robots.
4. Use structured data markup code
Although structured data markup code is not necessary to get high rankings, rich results help to improve the look of your website on Google’s search results pages. The Rich Results Creator in SEOprofiler helps you to create necessary code as easily as possible.
Have your rankings changed?
You can monitor the rankings of your web pages with the Ranking Monitor in SEOprofiler. The Ranking Monitor enables you to react when your rankings drop.
The Ranking Monitor also shows the days on which algorithm updates happen so that you can quickly see if a ranking change might be related to an algorithm update:
Improve your rankings now
The tools in SEOprofiler also help you to optimize your web pages for Google's ranking algorithm.
You get everything you need to get high rankings on Google and other search engines: keyword research tools, web page optimization tools, SEO website audits, uptime monitoring, and much more.
Stay healthy during these difficult times!
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google: being on the first page is a sign you are doing the right things.
- Google will let most employees work remotely until the end of 2020.
- Google parent Alphabet drops controversial ‘Smart City’ project.
- News Brief: April updates from the Google News Initiative.
- Google: being big makes some things easier and other things harder.
- Google: ad balance is being retired.
- Google: be careful with the URL parameters tool in GSC.
- Google: publishing the contact details of celebrities is not good.
- Google may start deindexing URLs after two days - how to avoid this
- How to get your SEO campaign started
- Get more customers with a better website menu
- Keyword research made easy: the keyword suggestion tools in SEOprofiler
- Smarter search engine optimization: you don't have to beat everyone
- As easy as 1-2-3: how to get a technical audit of your website
- How to optimize your website efficiently
- Official SEOprofiler discount: get all SEOprofiler plans with a 33% discount
- Official: Google mobile-first indexing for all websites starting September 2020
- View all past issues...