|Weekly SEO news: 20 October 2020|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Google has shared how they're bringing AI (artificial intelligence) into their products. This can have an impact on the rankings of your web pages on Google.
How Google uses AI in search
Google uses AI for COVID-19 information, to understand statistical data, for song recognition, and for many more thinks. Here are the most important search related facts:
Spelling in search queries
One in 10 queries on Google are misspelled. Google's new spelling algorithm uses a deep neural net to significantly improve our ability to decipher misspellings. According to Google, this single change makes a greater improvement to spelling than all of their improvements over the last five years.
Passages on web pages
For very specific queries, Google is now able to index individual passages from web pages. This technology will improve 7 percent of search queries across all languages.
Google now understands subtopics around an interest. For example, if you search for "home exercise equipment," Google can now understand relevant subtopics, such as budget equipment, premium picks, or small space ideas. Google will start rolling this out by the end of this year.
Understanding key moments in videos
Google is not able to automatically identify and tag key moments in videos. This enables you to navigate them like chapters in a book. By the end of 2020, Google expects that 10 percent of searches on Google will use this new technology.
How to optimize your web pages
There are many different ranking signals that have an impact on your rankings in Google's search results. The Top 10 Optimizer tool in SEOprofiler helps you to optimize your web pages for these signals:
Stay safe during these difficult times!
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google Local wait times for restaurants inaccurate.
- Bing Site Explorer shows you how Microsoft Bing sees your site.
- Google is again testing How-To Schema rich results on desktop.
- Google tests ads in autocomplete suggestions.
- Google has disabled the "Request Indexing" feature of the URL Inspection Tool.
- Cheap SEO services: can you pay the price?
- International SEO
- Google uses the original meta descriptions for 30% of the listed web pages
- 4+1 keyword suggestion tools for you
- How to find the right keywords for SEO
- How long does it take to see results from an SEO campaign?
- Official: SEO site migration myths debunked
- View all past issues...