|Weekly SEO news: 8 December 2020|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
What is the page experience update?
The page experience algorithm tries to understand how website visitors perceive a web page: how quickly it loads, how well the page is displayed on mobile phones, how ads are shown on the page, etc.
The new page experience algorithm uses existing Google ranking factors. For example, the page speed update, the mobile-friendly update, the interstitials update and the HTTPS update are part of the new algorithm. Google is going to refine the metrics that deal with usability and speed.
What is new in the FAQ?
The FAQ page shares details on how Google assesses user experience across mobile and desktop. Page experience signals for ranking will apply only to mobile search.
Google prioritizes the observed user experience. The technologies and architectures involved in delivering that experience do not matter.
According to Google, it's very likely that your web pages will meet Google's new criteria if you use AMP pages. It's also possible to meet or exceed the new thresholds without AMP.
Websites can be mobile-friendly while having a low Core Web Vitals score. Google's Page Experience signal measures aspects of how users perceive the experience of interacting with a web page. Core Web Vitals is one aspect of this along with Mobile-friendliness. These are not meant to be overlapping but additive in order to provide a holistic picture of page experience.
There are many different ranking signals
You can check the rankings of your web pages with the ranking monitor in SEOprofiler.
What can you do now?
The relevance and quality of the content will continue to be more important than page experience. It's a good idea to get your web pages in shape now. Optimize your web pages now and get better rankings on Google and other search engines:
Stay safe during these difficult times!
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google: Users tend not to care why a page is slower, and we don't differentiate in our metrics either.
- New ads format for Google Discover.
- Google crawl budget information (only applies to websites with 1M+ pages).
- U.S judge hearing Google case rejects government's protective order request.
- Google illegally spied on workers before firing them, US labor board alleges.
- Google Dictionary results are now available with an option to choose your preferred language.
- Google confirms that the anchor text of a hyperlink is a ranking signal for Google
- Google rankings: What’s the difference between discovering, evaluating and indexing?
- How to migrate your website to a new URL structure
- Official Google help: rankings are up but traffic is down
- What to do if your search engine rankings have dropped
- Google clarifies passage indexing
- Official: How Google uses AI in search
- Cheap SEO services: can you pay the price?
- International SEO
- View all past issues...