|Weekly SEO news: 15 December 2020|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Google's December 2020 Core Update is still rolling out this week. If your website rankings on Google have changed, it's likely that the core update is the reason for the change.
What you should do now
Google's advice for core updates remains the same. Core updates do not penalize websites. For example, cleaning your links won’t help if your rankings drop after a core update. Instead, it’s likely that other websites do something better than your website.
If you want to get high rankings with Google's new ranking algorithm, just do the usual things that are needed to get high rankings:
1. Create web pages with good content
Your website should contain many pages that are related to the topic of your website. If the content of your website is unique, it will be much easier to get high rankings on Google (and other search engines).
2. Get good links from other websites
If your web pages have good links from related websites, they will rank higher than other pages that do not have these links. Analyze the links that point to your site and improve the links that point to your web pages.
If there are unnatural links to your web pages, you should remove these bad links.
3. Make sure that your website is mobile-ready
Most people visit websites on smartphones. For that reason, it is very important that your website works with mobile phones. The website audit tool in SEOprofiler can check if your pages can be indexed by mobile search engine robots.
4. Use structured data markup code
Although structured data markup code is not necessary to get high rankings, rich results help to improve the look of your website on Google’s search results pages. The Rich Results Creator in SEOprofiler helps you to create necessary code as easily as possible.
Have your rankings changed?
You can monitor the rankings of your web pages with the Ranking Monitor in SEOprofiler. The Ranking Monitor enables you to react when your rankings drop.
The Ranking Monitor also shows the days on which algorithm updates happen so that you can quickly see if a ranking change might be related to an algorithm update:
Improve your rankings now
The tools in SEOprofiler also help you to optimize your web pages for Google's ranking algorithm.
You get everything you need to get high rankings on Google and other search engines: keyword research tools, web page optimization tools, SEO website audits, uptime monitoring, and much more.
Stay safe during these difficult times!
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google Santa tracker is live.
- Google: How you'll find accurate and timely information on COVID-19 vaccines.
- Google Maps adds Apple-style landmark icons.
- Google AdSense: Link units are being retired.
- Google is testing smaller shopping ads.
- Google services were down including Google Ads, Google Analytics, Search Console & more.
- Microsoft Bing is testing embossed boxed search result snippets.
- Google: page experience ranking algorithm coming May 2021
- Google confirms that the anchor text of a hyperlink is a ranking signal for Google
- Google rankings: What’s the difference between discovering, evaluating and indexing?
- How to migrate your website to a new URL structure
- Official Google help: rankings are up but traffic is down
- What to do if your search engine rankings have dropped
- View all past issues...