|Weekly SEO news: 22 December 2020|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Google likes fast web pages. According to Google's John Mueller, web pages should load within three seconds or less. Page speed is a factor in Google's ranking algorithm.
Fast web pages are important
Google has a 'mobile first' strategy. Google wants to deliver web pages in the search results that are displayed quickly on mobile devices. Your pages should deliver the fastest user experience you can achieve.
In addition to the influence of fast pages on your Google rankings, fast pages are also important for the user experience:
- Mobile Internet users will leave websites that are too slow, frozen, or not available.
- Most consumers expect a web page to load in a few seconds.
- Many consumers abandon websites that do not load within five seconds.
- Each second that your web pages need longer to load can have a negative influence on the conversion rate of your website.
If your web pages do not load quickly enough, you will lose customers. In addition, Google won't rank your web pages as highly as they could be ranked.
How to check the loading time of your web pages
Among many other things, the Website Audit tool in SEOprofiler checks the loading time of your web pages. The 'Performance' page in the audit report shows the fastest and the slowest pages of your website, and it lets you filter the pages of your website by loading time:
If you do not make sure that your website loads quickly, your competition will make sure that their websites do.
Optimize your web pages now
SEOprofiler offers many powerful tools that help you to get better rankings on Google and other search engines. If you haven't done it yet, create your SEOprofiler account now and check the speed of your web pages in the Website Audit tool:
Stay safe during these difficult times!
It's not uncommon to see some pages from new sites get crawled quickly, and old sites to get crawled slowly (say if we haven't seen useful changes there in a long time). It's not the rule, but it can happen."
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- The December 2020 Core Update rollout is complete.
- 10 states accuse Google of abusing monopoly in online ads.
- Shopping for a beauty product? Try it on with Google.
- Adding a web page as a sitemap in robots.txt doesn't ping a page for faster crawling.
- Google accused of colluding with Facebook and abusing monopoly power in new lawsuit.
- EU approves Google’s $2.1 billion acquisition of Fitbit, subject to conditions.
- Google details what happened during Monday's cloud outage.
- Google December 2020 core update is still rolling out
- Google: page experience ranking algorithm coming May 2021
- Google confirms that the anchor text of a hyperlink is a ranking signal for Google
- Google rankings: What’s the difference between discovering, evaluating and indexing?
- How to migrate your website to a new URL structure
- Official Google help: rankings are up but traffic is down
- What to do if your search engine rankings have dropped
- View all past issues...