|Weekly SEO news: 2 February 2021|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
If you do the right things in the right order, you will save a lot of time and money. Do the following things to get high rankings in Google's regular results as quickly as possible:
Step 1: understand how SEO works
Read the chapter "The basics" in the SEOprofiler manual to learn how search engine optimization (SEO) will help you to increase your sales. You will save a lot of time if you understand the basic concept of search engine optimization before you start.
For example, it is important to know that a single spam element on your website can destroy all of your other activities.
Step 2: choose your keywords carefully
Take some time to find the right keywords for your website. The most obvious keywords usually aren't the best keywords for SEO.
It is not important that your website is ranked for popular keyword that many people search for. It is important that your website is ranked for keywords that attract targeted visitors who will buy something on your website. Further information about keyword research can be found here.
Step 3: optimize your web pages
Optimizing your web pages is important if you want to get high rankings on Google and other search engines. Links are important, but the content of your web pages is the foundation of your rankings. Further information about web page optimization can be found here.
Step 4: get good links from other websites
If more than one page is relevant to a keyword, the page with the best links will get the highest ranking. Links are an important ranking signal in the algorithm of Google, Bing and other search engines. Further information about link building and link analysis can be found here.
Step 5: check your results
When you have done all of the above, you can use the Ranking Monitor in SEOprofiler to find out how search engines rank your website. Note that it is not important that your website has high rankings for all possible keywords. Your website must have high rankings for the right keywords that lead to sales.
Search engine optimization is not about getting high rankings for popular keywords. Search engine optimization is about getting high rankings for keywords that deliver buyers to your website. Further information about result checking can be found here.
Optimize your website as efficiently as possible
The SEOprofiler manual contains many checklists that help you to work as efficiently as possible. The project overview page in your SEOprofiler account also has a step-by-step list that guides you through the optimization process. You can create your SEOprofiler account here:
Stay safe during these difficult times!
Editor's note: Optimize different pages of your website for different keywords that are related to the topic of your website.
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google Australia shows banner above news results.
- From January 31, 2021 http://data-vocabulary.org markup will stop being eligible for Google search result features and enhancements. There are better ways.
- Google testing red hotel pins.
- Google may not display Web Stories that are teasers.
- Google removed gold stars in the organic results for attorneys this month.
- Google Ads testing a new label on mobile.
- Google labels black-owned businesses.
- How to find better keywords for SEO and SEM (Google Keyword Planner alternatives)
- The best website structure for high rankings on search engines
- Google: we use many different signals to rank web pages
- How to check the indexability of your web pages
- Loading time, your web pages, your search engine rankings, and your bottom line
- Google December 2020 core update is still rolling out
- Google: page experience ranking algorithm coming May 2021
- Google confirms that the anchor text of a hyperlink is a ranking signal for Google
- View all past issues...