|Weekly SEO news: 9 February 2021|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
A professional SEO website audit can greatly increase the rankings of your website on Google, Bing and other search engines. Website errors can harm your Google rankings and they lead to a bad user experience.
Improve your web pages and get better rankings
Eliminating website errors leads to higher rankings in search engines. An improved UX (user experience) leads to more sales.
- Remove technical errors that keep search engines away.
- Improve web page elements that can perform better.
- Eliminate spelling mistakes.
- Discover technical problems that only search engines see.
The website audit tool in SEOprofiler checks your web pages quickly and easily. Just enter your website URL and the website audit tool will immediately create a report for you:
Get a comprehensive SEO website audit report
The website audit tool in SEOprofiler checks all things that have an impact on the indexability of your web pages.
The issues are grouped into errors (critical), warnings (important, but not critical) and notices (not critical). Correcting these issues ensures that search engines can index all of your pages correctly.
The website audit tool also checks other things such as spelling mistakes, the security settings of your site, duplicate content, click depth, and much more.
SEO website audits for mobile web pages
The majority of online searches are carried out on mobile devices. It is important that your web pages can be accessed from these mobile devices.
The website audit tool enables you to check your web pages as if they were accessed from a mobile phone.
Ensure that your web pages work on smartphones, tablets, desktop computers and all other devices.
Analyze the internal links on your website
The internal link structure of your website has an impact on how search engines index and rank your web pages.
The website audit tool checks the internal link structure of your website, and it tells you how many clicks visitors and search engines need to access the pages on your site.
Get the most linked internal pages of your website, the most linked images, etc. You also get an analysis of the external links.
Optimize the performance of your web pages
Google and other search engines prefer fast web pages. The website audit tool checks how quickly your web pages load.
Find slow pages on your website and improve their performance. Faster pages get better rankings.
The faster your web pages load, the better. The website audit tool helps you to improve the performance of your web pages.
Fix duplicate content problems
Although there is no penalty for duplicate content, it is more difficult to get high rankings with duplicate content.
The reason for that is that search engines have to decide which version of the pages with the same content they pick for the results. More often than not, they pick the wrong pages.
The website audit tool helps you to identify and delete duplicate content on your website.
Analyze the indexability of your web pages
Can search engines index all of your web pages? You might block search engine bots without knowing it.
The website audit tool checks the indexability of your web pages and the response codes that your web pages send to visitors.
If your pages send the wrong HTTP status response codes, search engines won't visit your pages. The website audit tool makes sure that search engines can visit all pages.
Check the security settings of your server
Your website should be secure and it should be protected against attacks. The website audit tool checks the security settings of your website.
Google prefers secure HTTPS pages. Although it is only a minor ranking signal, secure web pages get better rankings.
Your website has errors that need to be fixed
Even if you're thing that your website is error-free, it's probably not.
The more pages your website has, the more likely it is that there are many errors that have to be corrected.
Even if your web pages were error free when you published them, there can be several things that you have to fix: links can get broken, servers can have problems, there might be duplicate content issues, etc.
All of these errors can have a negative impact on the search engine rankings of your web pages. The website audit tool helps you to make sure that your web pages do not contain errors that can cause problems with search engines.
Remove your website errors now!
Create your SEO website audit report now and remove all errors. You can create your SEOprofiler account here:
Stay safe during these difficult times!
Editor's note: Further information can be found here.
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Video: Duplicate content (and what to do with it).
- Google hides some images behind a Covid-19 warning.
- Google Ads announces new automation tools.
- Google News Showcase launches in Australia.
- Open source: Google wants new rules for developers working on 'critical' projects.
- Google releases several new Google Maps updates for Android and Android Auto.
- Google explores alternative to Apple’s new anti-tracking feature.
- Google patches an actively exploited Chrome zero-day.
- Google brings desktop Search redesign to music queries.
- Google will suspend merchant sites that show higher prices at checkout.
- How to optimize your website step-by-step for high rankings on search engines
- How to find better keywords for SEO and SEM (Google Keyword Planner alternatives)
- The best website structure for high rankings on search engines
- Google: we use many different signals to rank web pages
- How to check the indexability of your web pages
- Loading time, your web pages, your search engine rankings, and your bottom line
- Google December 2020 core update is still rolling out
- Google: page experience ranking algorithm coming May 2021
- Google confirms that the anchor text of a hyperlink is a ranking signal for Google
- View all past issues...