|Weekly SEO news: 23 March 2021|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Regular technical audits of your website are important. Servers can have problems, links can change, and there can be many other things that can have a negative impact on the search engine rankings of your website.
A bad user experience also leads to fewer sales. You should regularly run technical website audits to avoid problems. Get regular website audits in three easy steps:
Step 1: Create a project for your website
Creating a project just means that you tell the website audit tool which website you want to check. Click the 'Add new project' button on your account overview page and enter the address of your website. That's all there is to it.
When you create a new SEOprofiler account, the first project will be created automatically.
Step 2: The report will be created automatically
After creating the new project, the website audit report will be created automatically. Select Website audit > Overview in the menu on the left in your SEOprofiler account. You will see an overview of the errors that were found on your website:
The website audit tool checks many different things that have an impact on the position of your web pages in the search result pages of Google and other search engines.
Step 3: Fix the errors
Open the page Checked files in the website audit tool to get an overview of all checked pages.
By defaults, the checked files are sorted by the number of issues that have been found. You use the filters on the top of the page to show files that contain particular errors:
The pages shows the list of files that have been checked. To get the error details for a page, click the Details button next to a page URL:
Indexability, structured data, AMP, and other technologies
In addition to the pages Overview and Check files the website audit tool also analyzes many other things, such as the indexability of your web pages, the usage of structured data and other technologies on your pages, AMP pages, the security settings of your server, and much more:
The website audit tool also checks your pages for spelling mistakes. You can select 47 different dictionaries for the spell check. The audit tool also supports multi-language websites.
Invisible errors and SEO audits for mobile websites
Some errors cannot be seen by browsing your website. For example, your web pages might send a '404 not found' HTTP status code to search engines although users see the correct page. This will cause massive ranking problems. The website audit tool finds these errors.
The website audit tool also enables you to check your website as if it was requested from a mobile device. You also get screenshots of your website for different devices:
Create your audit report now
Create your SEOprofiler account now to get a website audit report for your own website. The website audit tool in SEOprofiler automatically checks your web pages once per week. You can also create audit reports manually.
Editor's note: You can find these URLs with the website audit tool.
Editor's note: Check the pages that search engine crawlers can find your website with the website audit tool.
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google’s privacy push draws U.S. antitrust scrutiny.
- Google gives Lens a new logo that better reflects its camera functionality.
- Microsoft Bing Search replaces magnifying glass with search button.
- Google Merchant Center: Regional availability and pricing available in the United States.
- Introducing a new summary view for Google Ads.
- Google to move last batch of sites to mobile-first indexing soon. (You can check mobile indexing with the website audit tool).
- How to get listed on Google: discover, evaluate, index
- How to check your website for duplicate content
- Google's John Mueller: internal links help us to find your important pages
- Google: it's the quality of the links that point to your website, not the quantity
- What SEO and running have in common
- How to get a professional SEO audit of your website as easy as 1-2-3
- How to optimize your website step-by-step for high rankings on search engines
- How to find better keywords for SEO and SEM (Google Keyword Planner alternatives)
- View all past issues...