|Weekly SEO news: 30 March 2021|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
There are many things that you can do to improve the rankings of your web pages on Google and other search engines. Some things are more difficult to do than others. Here are 6 easy optimization tips that you can use to improve the rankings of your website.
1. Improve your website speed
Fast web pages are good for your website visitors. They are also good for search engines. Google prefers fast-loading web pages. Use Google PageSpeed Insights to find out how to make your web pages faster.
2. Change the content focus
The better your web pages answer the question of the searchers, the more likely it is that search engines will show your pages on the search result pages.
Optimize the content of your web pages to make sure that it aligns with searcher intent. Your website should contain many pages tackle the topic of your website from different angles.
It often helps to increase the length of the content of your web pages.
3. Use responsive web design
With Google's mobile-first algorithm, it is very important that your web pages look good on mobile devices. Mobile usability is important if you want to get high rankings on Google.
Google recommends responsive web design instead of individual pages for mobile and desktop. Responsive web design is a setup where the server always sends the same HTML code to all devices and CSS is used to alter the rendering of the page on the device.
4. Remove duplicate content issues
If the same content appears multiple times on your website, search engines must pick the best version of the content for the search results. That can go wrong. It is better to remove duplicate content from your website so that search engines can easily find the most relevant page on your site.
The website audit tool in SEOprofiler helps you to spot duplicate content issues on your website. It finds duplicate pages, duplicate titles, duplicate paragraphs, etc.
Removing the duplicate content can have a very positive influence on the rankings of your pages.
5. Add pagination to endless scrolling pages
Some websites use pages with endless scrolling. Although Google can index these pages to some extend, is is better to have real web pages with pagination. Individual pages are much easier to parse.
6. Remove things that keep search engines away
Many websites contain elements that inadvertently block search engines. If your website contains such an element, search engines won't be able to index your pages correctly.
Use the website audit tool in SEOprofiler to make sure that search engine crawlers can visitor all pages of your website, and that they can find the correct content on your web pages.
Get better rankings now
SEOprofiler offers many more powerful website optimization tools that help you to get better rankings and more customers. If you haven't done it yet, try SEOprofiler now:
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- New for education sites: Practice problems and Math solver structured data.
- Google adds free property to dataset structured data docs.
- Bing wants to support automatic submission of WordPress websites.
- Why chat matters to Google.
- Google: the cached page is not what's indexed.
- Bing Ads: Ad quality year in review 2020.
- Technical SEO: how to get a technical SEO audit of your website today
- How to get listed on Google: discover, evaluate, index
- How to check your website for duplicate content
- Google's John Mueller: internal links help us to find your important pages
- Google: it's the quality of the links that point to your website, not the quantity
- What SEO and running have in common
- How to get a professional SEO audit of your website as easy as 1-2-3
- View all past issues...