|Weekly SEO news: 13 April 2021|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Organic search engine optimization (SEO) is important if you want to get new customers. Good visibility in the organic results of Google and other search engines leads to more website traffic. More website traffic leads to more orders and more revenue. You're leaving a lot of money on the table if you do not optimize your website.
Google wants to create a good experience for searches. That's why it is important to show good websites in the search results. If the search results are good, people will come back to Google.
SEO helps you to optimize your web pages so that Google picks them for the search results. How do you optimize your web pages for high rankings? What do you need to get at the top of the search results?
There are four basic elements
Google uses many different ranking signals (which you can analyze with tools such as the Top 10 Optimizer in SEOprofiler). When you start, you have to focus on the most important four basic elements:
1. You have to provide a solution to a problem
According to Google, searchers want to "know, go, do, or buy". Your web pages should address these needs. If a searcher wants to know something about a topic that is related to your business, your web pages should contain the answer. If a searcher wants to buy something that is offered by your business, it should be easy to find on your web pages, etc.
Your website should contain pages that address the needs of searchers. Create content that is better than the content of your competitors.
2. Your web pages must be easy to use
A positive user experience is very important. Good content won't help your rankings if it cannot be found on your website. As friends and colleagues for feedback. As them to find a particular page on your website, or ask them to perform a particular task. Was is easy for them?
Can you read your web pages on a mobile phone? More than half of all website visitors will view your web pages on a mobile phone. If your website isn't easy to use on mobile phones, you will lose many customers.
3. Your website must not contain technical errors
Even if your website looks okay to visitors, there can be things behind the scenes that prevent search engines from indexing your pages. For example, the wrong HTTP status code will keep search engines away.
There are many other technical things that can influence the position of your web pages on search engines. The website audit tool in SEOprofiler helps you to identify these technical issues. The website audit tool also shows you how to fix the errors.
4. You need good links from other websites
When other websites link to your own website, they show Google that they like your page. The more good external websites link to your site, the higher your rankings will be. The quality of the links is much more important than the quantity of the links. Getting a good link from a related blog that has many visitors will help your website much more than 10 links from automatically created forum profiles.
Analyze the links of your competitors with the Link Profiler tool in SEOprofiler. The link building tools in SEOprofiler also help you to improve the links that point to your own site.
The sooner you start to optimize your web pages, the sooner you will see results. SEOprofiler offers everything you need to get high rankings on Google and other search engines. Create your free account here:
Although this is separate from our regular core updates, the advice that we provide about producing quality content for those is also relevant here. The overall focus is on providing users with content that provides insightful analysis and original research, and is written by experts or enthusiasts who know the topic well."
It always feels like a bad move though - you might be blocking some unwanted users, but you're also blocking people who might be relevant to your site. IMO if you're worried about hackers from one country, you should fix the security issues, not try to block that country. It's trivial for anyone that's dedicated to circumvent a country-block."
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- John Mueller: free SSL certificates are fine.
- Google: Getting started with Web Stories.
- John Mueller: I wouldn't use a site:-query for diagnostics purposes in general.
- Microsoft Ads: What is native advertising?
- Google clarifies phone numbers are not allowed in Google My Business posts.
- Microsoft Ads: Google Import enhancements and other key April product updates.
- Yahoo Answers will be shut down forever on May 4th.
- Better keywords = more customers
- SEO: 6 quick wins
- Technical SEO: how to get a technical SEO audit of your website today
- How to get listed on Google: discover, evaluate, index
- How to check your website for duplicate content
- Google's John Mueller: internal links help us to find your important pages
- Google: it's the quality of the links that point to your website, not the quantity
- What SEO and running have in common
- How to get a professional SEO audit of your website as easy as 1-2-3
- View all past issues...