|Weekly SEO news: 1 June 2021|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
1. Google: you should check 5xx errors on your website
Google's John Mueller said on Twitter that you should check the 5xx errors on your website. The website audit tool in SEOprofiler helps you to find 5xx errors on your website quickly and easily.
5xx errors are based on what your server returned at the time. Maybe there were temporary issues, if you don't see them now. I'd try to find out more from your hoster, to make sure it's not a regular occurance.— 🍌 John 🍌 (@JohnMu) May 28, 2021
(Also, those URLs are a bit excessive - there's no SEO value in that)
How to find 5xx errors on your website
Regular technical audits of your website are important. Servers can have problems, links can change, and there can be many other things that can have a negative impact on the search engine rankings of your website. Finding 5xx errors (and other errors) is very easy with the website audit tool in SEOprofiler:
Step 1: Create a project for your website
Creating a project just means that you tell the website audit tool which website you want to check. Click the 'Add new project' button on your account overview page and enter the address of your website. That's all there is to it.
When you create a new SEOprofiler account, the first project will be created automatically.
Step 2: The report will be created automatically
After creating the new project, the website audit report will be created automatically. Select Website audit > Overview in the menu on the left in your SEOprofiler account. You will see an overview of the errors that were found on your website:
The website audit tool checks many different things that have an impact on the position of your web pages in the search result pages of Google and other search engines.
Step 3: Fix the errors
Open the page Checked files in the website audit tool to get an overview of all checked pages.
By defaults, the checked files are sorted by the number of issues that have been found. You use the filters on the top of the page to show files that contain particular errors:
The pages shows the list of files that have been checked. To get the error details for a page, click the Details button next to a page URL:
Create your audit report now
Create your SEOprofiler account now to get a website audit report for your own website. The website audit tool in SEOprofiler automatically checks your web pages once per week. You can also create audit reports manually.
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- On Signed Exchanges (SXGs), Google Search will now crawl, cache, and prefetch them when applicable.
- Business can now hide their phone number in GMB.
- Import your Facebook Ads into the Microsoft Audience Network.
- Facebook, WhatsApp, Google and other internet giants comply with India’s IT rules.
- Google employees admit in lawsuit that the company made it nearly impossible for users to keep their location private.
- Google: There hasn't been a core update this year.
- Official: you don't need a high score in all three Core Web Vitals for a ranking boost
- The winner takes it all (in round three)
- Google does not click the 'load more' buttons on your website
- Keyword research done right: how to find the best keywords for your website
- How to get fast SEO results
- Why you need SEO for your business
- Better keywords = more customers
- SEO: 6 quick wins
- View all past issues...