|Weekly SEO news: 8 June 2021|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
1. Two Google core updates (one in June, one in July)
Google has announced two core updates for this summer. The June 2021 Core Update was announced some days ago. As not all planned improvements for the June 2021 update are quite ready, there will be another core update in July.
What you should know about the core update
The June 2021 Core Update is rolling out since June, 2nd. As is typical with these updates, it will typically take about one to two weeks to fully roll out.
The June 2021 Core update will be followed by the July 2021 Core update. Some of Google's planned improvements for the June 2021 update aren’t quite ready, so we’re moving ahead with the parts that are, then we will follow with the rest with the July 2021 update.
Most sites won’t notice either of these updates, as is typical with any core updates. Of course, any core update can produce drops or gains for some content. Because of the two-part nature of this release, it’s possible a very small slice of content might see changes in June that reverse in July.
Nothing in a core update is site-specific.
What you should do now
Google's advice for core updates remains the same. Core updates do not penalize websites. For example, cleaning your links won’t help if your rankings drop after a core update. Instead, it’s likely that other websites do something better than your website.
If you want to get high rankings with Google's new ranking algorithm, just do the usual things that are needed to get high rankings:
1. Create web pages with good content
Your website should contain many pages that are related to the topic of your website. If the content of your website is unique, it will be much easier to get high rankings on Google (and other search engines).
2. Get good links from other websites
If your web pages have good links from related websites, they will rank higher than other pages that do not have these links. Analyze the links that point to your site and improve the links that point to your web pages.
If there are unnatural links to your web pages, you should remove these bad links.
3. Make sure that your website is mobile-ready
Most people visit websites on smartphones. For that reason, it is very important that your website works with mobile phones. The website audit tool in SEOprofiler can check if your pages can be indexed by mobile search engine robots.
4. Use structured data markup code
Although structured data markup code is not necessary to get high rankings, rich results help to improve the look of your website on Google’s search results pages. The Rich Results Creator in SEOprofiler helps you to create necessary code as easily as possible.
Have your rankings changed?
You can monitor the rankings of your web pages with the Ranking Monitor in SEOprofiler. The Ranking Monitor enables you to react when your rankings drop.
The Ranking Monitor also shows the days on which algorithm updates happen so that you can quickly see if a ranking change might be related to an algorithm update.
Improve your rankings now
The tools in SEOprofiler also help you to optimize your web pages for Google's ranking algorithm.
You get everything you need to get high rankings on Google and other search engines: keyword research tools, web page optimization tools, SEO website audits, uptime monitoring, and much more.
We essentially try to understand the site structure the way that a user might understand it and take that into account. And the way that kind of this ambiguous situation is handled. that can also vary over time."
Editor's note: Analyze the anchor texts of the links that point to your website with the link analysis tool in SEOprofiler.
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google testing corner placement of a magnifying glass in the SERPs.
- Updates to Google's documentation for Favicon's in Search.
- Google Discover carousel cards with a countdown to automatically flip to the next.
- Google removes short names from business profiles, adds new label to local listings and tests new local card.
- Google has a "New on Google" label that is showing beside listings in both the local pack results and the local finder.
- Google says it’s committed to ethical AI research. Its ethical AI team isn’t so sure.
- Google: you should check 5xx errors on your website
- Official: you don't need a high score in all three Core Web Vitals for a ranking boost
- The winner takes it all (in round three)
- Google does not click the 'load more' buttons on your website
- Keyword research done right: how to find the best keywords for your website
- How to get fast SEO results
- Why you need SEO for your business
- Better keywords = more customers
- SEO: 6 quick wins
- View all past issues...