|Weekly SEO news: 12 June 2018|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Most people focus on Google when they optimize their search engines. That's okay because Google has the highest market share. However, you're missing out on a lot of targeted website visitors if that is your only strategy.
Billions of searches are waiting for you
Most webmasters ignore Bing when it comes to SEO. That's a bad idea as Bing's market share is much bigger than you might think:
The market share of Bing is about 33% in the USA. That means that your website will get 50% more visitors if you manage to get ranked for your Google keywords on Bing. In general, you will get even more visitors because it is easier to get a website listed on Bing.
SEO for Bing has lower competition so it's likely that your website will be listed for more keywords on Bing. If you ignore Bing, you ignore billions of searches per month.
How to optimize web pages for Bing
Most SEO techniques that work with Google also work with Bing. Both Google and Bing like relevant web page content with keywords that are related to the topic of the search query.
Both Google and Bing like mobile-friendly websites and good user interfaces. Both support structured data, and both think that the quality of the links that point to your website is important.
Bing's Webmaster Guidelines show many factors that Bing finds important. These factors do not guarantee high rankings, but they form the basis for high rankings.
The following things will help you to improve your rankings on Bing:
1. Bing likes rich and engaging multimedia content
Bing likes content with multimedia files. If your web page contains audio, video or good images, it's more likely that it will get high rankings on Bing.
2. The content of a web page is more important than the links
It is possible to get high rankings on Google with average content if the links that point to the page are great. For Bing, the content of a page is more important. Create great content first, then focus on getting good links.
This is also a tactic that will help your Google rankings in the long run.
3. Bing likes keywords
Bing likes keywords in headings, titles, meta descriptions, etc. It seems that keywords in domains also help.
Add related keywords to your pages. Optimize different pages of your website for different keywords that are related to the topic of your website. Again, this is something that can have a positive influence on your Google rankings.
4. Social signals can help
Pages that are shared frequently on social networks tend to get better rankings on Bing. Bing is against fake social media accounts and shares so you shouldn't try to inflate your social shares artificially.
In the past, Google said that they do not use social signals as a ranking factors. However, they won't hurt your rankings.
5. The quantity of backlinks are important
In contrast to Google, websites that have a high number of backlinks can get better rankings even if the quality of the links is just average. Of course, you still shouldn't create spam links.
Links from high quality websites still have a higher influence than average links, but the difference is smaller than on Google.
6. A high click through rate (CTR) helps
If a website is listed on position 2 and gets more clicks than position 1, it's likely that the positions will switch.
Write strong web page titles that entice searchers to click on your listing. The more clicks your listing gets, the better. Although this is not a ranking factor on Google, it will also help you to get more visitors through Google simply because more people will click your listing.
Get a better return-on-investment
Recently, Google's John Mueller said that it can take months until Google sees the changes on your website. It's much easier to get listed on Bing. Especially if you have a small business, it's likely that you will get a much better return-on-investment if you optimize at least some of your pages for Bing.
The tools in SEOprofiler help you to optimize your web pages for high rankings on Google. You can also use the tools to optimize your pages for high rankings on Bing. If you haven't done it yet, try SEOprofiler now:
That’s what Google’s John Mueller said in a webmaster hangout on YouTube."
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Facebook gave device makers deep access to data on users and friends.
- Nebula Genomics readies a marketplace to sell a precious dataset: You.
- Taking aim at Facebook & others: Apple says it is ‘shutting down’ tracking from Like & Share buttons and conversation platforms.
- Google Lens is now available as a standalone app.
- Google: Don’t block Googlebot from slow resources on page.
- Facebook gave data access to Chinese firm flagged by U.S. intelligence.
- Google patent: Combining content (paid results) with search results.
- How to offer your clients responsive web-based SEO reports in your company design
- 7 things that help you to get started with your SEO campaign
- How to recover from a Google penalty
- How to design your website navigation for maximum results
- Google: mobile first indexing is not mobile-friendly indexing
- SEO checklist – part 2: how to make sure that your web pages will get high rankings
- SEO checklist part 1: find out if your website is ready for high rankings
- View all past issues...