|Weekly SEO news: 15 May 2018|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Simple things can have a major influence on the conversion rate of your website. Even if your website has great content, website visitors won't find it if the navigation menu on your website is bad. The navigation of your website is equally important as the content of your web pages.
Website visitors are impatient. If they cannot find what they are looking for within seconds, they will go away. The following handy tips will help you to improve your website navigation.
1. Keep it simple
The website navigation should be at the place where people expect it. The menu should be at the top of the page, or on the left side of your web page. Do not use fancy designs or unusual symbols. It must be easy to find and identify the website navigation on all pages of your website.
2. Use a clear structure
Cluttered and confusing menus will alienate your website visitors. Your website navigation should be clear and logical.
Most website visitors don't want to think. They want a quick solution, and they want it now. Make sure that the links to the most important pages of your website can be found easily. It's not necessary to link to every single page of your website in the website navigation menu.
If your website has categories and sub categories, it's usually enough to link to the categories in the menu. Then you can link to the sub category pages from the category pages.
3. Use descriptive menu item names
The easier your website navigation is to understand, the more people will use it. The link to your home page should be labeled 'Home'. The links to your category pages should use descriptive words that make clear what the categories and linked pages are about.
Do not use generic words in your menu. If the linked page is about brown shoes, the website navigation menu item should be labeled 'brown shoes'. Don't make your website visitors guess. If it makes sense, include the words for which you want to get high rankings in the menu items.
5. Make sure that your menu works on mobile devices
Today's Internet is mobile-first! It's essential that your website and your website menu works on mobile devices. There's no way around that.
The font size should be easy to read on mobile phones. If your website has a search feature, it should be easy to reach on mobile phones.
Get more conversions and improve your website now
These simple things will help you to get more conversions. Keep your website navigation menu simple and don't make your website visitors think. If you also have a mobile-ready website, more people will buy on your website.
The tools in SEOprofiler help you to improve your web pages so that they get higher rankings, more visitors, and more conversions. You can create your free SEOprofiler account here:
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google: 100 things we announced at I/O ‘18.
- How to keep Google from owning your online life.
- New Google image publishing guidelines.
- Add video to Google Posts.
- Google AdWords new [beta] responsive search ads can show 3 headlines.
- Google search direct questions answers.
- Explore and eat your way around town with Google Maps.
- Google: mobile first indexing is not mobile-friendly indexing
- SEO checklist – part 2: how to make sure that your web pages will get high rankings
- SEO checklist part 1: find out if your website is ready for high rankings
- How to analyze the
links of any website and how to
optimize the links of your own
- How hyperlocal search engine optimization (SEO) can help your website
- Local search engine optimization and your website
- Mobile SEO: how to optimize your web pages for high rankings on mobile
- View all past issues...