|Weekly SEO news: 20 March 2018|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
How do web pages get into Google's index?
Step 1: Google crawls web pages with Googlebot
Before a web page can be listed on Google's search result pages, it has to be discovered by Google. Google uses a web-crawler with the name 'Googlebot' to discover new pages.
Step 2: Google indexes the pages
Step 3: Google ranks the pages
After rendering the page, Google tries to understand the content of the found web pages. Depending on the content, the quality of the content and other factors (such as the external links that point to the web pages), Google will rank the pages.
What you should do now
For that reason, it is important that you deliver your web page content in plain HTML to search engines. The easier search engines can parse your web pages, the more likely it is that your content can be indexed correctly.
To make sure that your web pages can be parsed by all crawlers, check your web pages with the website audit tool in SEOprofiler. You can create your SEOprofiler account here:
If you have to use a nofollow attribute, use it as an attribute on specific links but not at a page level. Using nofollow at a page level just hurts you more than anything. It’s not a good idea."
Focused updates are minor updates that deal with a single issue (page speed, HTTPS, etc.). Core updates address multiple things (such as the Panda update or the Penguin update)."
Under the proposal, operators of search engines, app stores as well as e-commerce sites such as eBay will have to specify upfront the 'most important parameters determining ranking', such as “specific signals incorporated into algorithms” and adjustment or demotion mechanisms.
The proposal will not force companies to disclose their algorithms but just provide descriptions at a general level explaining 'how and to what extent the relevant ranking mechanism takes account of the quality of the products and services offered'."
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google's forced SSL search page, encrypted.google.com, is shutting down.
- Once a competitive advantage, Siri now seen as liability for Apple.
- Google claims to remove 100 bad ads per second.
- Google adding business descriptions in Google My Business & local panel.
- France to sue Google, Apple over developer contracts.
- Google adds captions to image search.
- Improve your pages with a professional SEO website audit
- How the Ranking Monitor in SEOprofiler can help your business
- Don't panic: how to react to ranking changes
- How fast can you see results from your SEO campaign?
- 6 easy optimization tips that will improve your rankings on search engines
- Google explains featured snippets
- How to get high rankings in Google's local results (4 steps)
- View all past issues...