|Weekly SEO news: 13 February 2018|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
There are many things that you can do to improve the rankings of your web pages on Google and other search engines. Some things are more difficult to do than others. Here are 6 easy-to-implement on-page optimization tips that you can use to improve the rankings of your website.
1. Improve your website speed
Fast web pages are good for your website visitors. They are also good for search engines. Google prefers fast-loading web pages. Use Google PageSpeed Insights to find out how to make your web pages faster.
2. Change the content focus of your web pages
The better your web pages answer the question of the searchers, the more likely it is that search engines will show your pages on the search result pages.
Optimize the content of your web pages to make sure that it aligns with searcher intent. Your website should contain many pages tackle the topic of your website from different angles.
It often helps to increase the length of the content of your web pages.
3. Use responsive web design
With Google's mobile-first algorithm, it is very important that your web pages look good on mobile devices. Mobile usability is important if you want to get high rankings on Google.
Google recommends responsive web design instead of individual pages for mobile and desktop. Responsive web design is a setup where the server always sends the same HTML code to all devices and CSS is used to alter the rendering of the page on the device.
4. Switch your website to HTTPS
Google prefers secure websites. Most web hosts offer inexpensive ways to add SSL to your website. You can also get an SSL certificate for free. Redirect your HTTP pages to the new HTTPS version of your web pages and use the canonical tag to show search engines that you prefer the secure version of your pages.
4. Remove duplicate content issues
If the same content appears multiple times on your website, search engines must pick the best version of the content for the search results. That can go wrong. It is better to remove duplicate content from your website so that search engines can easily find the most relevant page on your site.
The website audit tool in SEOprofiler helps you to spot duplicate content issues on your website. It finds duplicate pages, duplicate titles, duplicate paragraphs, etc.
Removing the duplicate content can have a very positive influence on the rankings of your pages.
5. Add pagination to endless scrolling pages
Some websites use pages with endless scrolling. Although Google can index these pages to some extend, is is better to have real web pages with pagination. Individual pages are much easier to parse.
6. Remove things that keep search engines away
Many websites contain elements that inadvertently block search engines. If your website contains such an element, search engines won't be able to index your pages correctly.
Use the website audit tool in SEOprofiler to make sure that search engine crawlers can visitor all pages of your website, and that they can find the correct content on your web pages.
Get better rankings
SEOprofiler offers many more powerful website optimization tools that help you to get better rankings and more customers. If you haven't done it yet, try SEOprofiler now:
Chrome’s new interface will help users understand that all HTTP sites are not secure, and continue to move the web towards a secure HTTPS web by default. HTTPS is easier and cheaper than ever before, and it unlocks both performance improvements and powerful new features that are too sensitive for HTTP."
Editor's note: Use the website audit tool in SEOprofiler to check if your website still links to HTTP pages on your site.
Missing icons, or blurry images generated by expanding low-resolution icons, degrade the user experience and may discourage users from visiting your site again from those surfaces."
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- New in SEOprofiler: save 10% to 33% on SEOprofiler (up to four months for free)!
- Google fined Rs 136 crore for anti-trust conduct.
- Bing Webmaster Tools now with social login.
- What 3,000 voice search queries tell us about the ‘Voice Search Revolution’ (there isn't one yet).
- Google adds Q & A notification option to GMB.
- Google opens Maps Go beta to US-based testers.
- Google explains featured snippets
- How to get high rankings in Google's local results (4 steps)
- Official: Google announces 'speed update' for the mobile ranking algorithm
- Better alternatives to old school SEO methods – part 4
- New Year's resolution: try SEOprofiler instead of your current SEO tool
- Better alternatives to old school SEO methods - part 3
- 2017 year in review
- Better alternatives to old school SEO methods - part 2
- View all past issues...