|Weekly SEO news: 5 September 2017|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
We're working on many new features that will make the Ranking Monitor in SEOprofiler even better as it is. The first new feature is an improved 'Ranked keywords' page that has a much better overview of the different ranking types.
What's new in the Ranking Monitor?
Google, Yahoo and Bing have several different result types. For example, your website can be listed in the regular results, the local results, the image results, the news results, etc. Your website can even be listed multiple times with different result types on the same search results page.
The new 'Ranked keywords' page in SEOprofiler enables you to see at a glance with which types your website is listed for a keyword. You can also preview the different result types.
A featured snippet is a result at the very top of the search results page. If your website is listed as a featured snippet, the ranking will be marked with a yellow star:
If the search results page contains a featured snippet that is not your website, the star will be gray. Trying to be listed as a featured snippet for these keywords can result in many new website visitors.
If your website is listed with Sitelinks on the search results page, your result will stand out. Results with Sitelinks are marked with a Sitelinks symbol in the overview table:
Depending on the location of the searcher, Google delivers different results for some keywords. If your website is listed in the local results, this will be marked with a red map marker:
The Ranking Monitor in SEOprofiler enables you to check your rankings in different locations. If your website does not have high rankings in New York, it might have great ranking in Los Angeles. The Ranking Monitor in SEOprofiler enables you to check both cities (as well as all other cities).
News results, image and video results
News results have a newspaper symbol in the overview table. Image and video results are also marked with their own symbols:
Misspellings and OneBox results
Sometimes, there can by typos in the keywords that you entered. The Ranking Monitor will show a warning sign for these keywords:
In addition, search result pages that contain a OneBox result on the right will contain a light bulb symbol.
All of this can be combined. If your website is listed with different result types for a single keyword, you can see this in the overview table:
All countries, all regions, desktop & mobile
The Ranking Monitor in SEOprofiler is a powerful tool that monitors the position of your web pages for any keyword on Google, Google mobile, Yahoo and Bing. It supports all locations that are supported by Google. If you want to find out how your website ranks for people who search from Amarillo, Texas, the Ranking Monitor will show you the exact search results in that region.
The Ranking Monitor will show you your top ranked pages, ranking opportunities, and much more. You can monitor as many websites and competitors as you want. You can even monitor external URLs such as YouTube videos or Facebook pages.
There's more to come
The improved 'Ranked keywords' page is the first of several improvements in the Ranking Monitor. The other improvements are planned for the next few weeks. If you haven't done it yet, create an SEOprofiler account now and see for yourself:
A Noopener instructs the browser not to send referrer information along with header. Technically, it just nullifies the object window.opener. Both do not impact Google, so feel free to use it."
You link to a page and that page becomes unavailable over time. This is a normal process because people close their websites, websites get new owners, a website gets an update, etc. [...] Websites that contain many non-working links aren’t high quality websites."
Editor's note: You can find these links on your websites with the website audit tool.
The feature testing will revolve around the goal of helping AdSense and AdMob publishers generate more revenue from fewer ads."
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Is Google trying to censor journalists and researchers who fight dangerous monopolies? Sadly, the answer is: yes. (related article, related article)
- Google ignores links that go to #.
- Google's John Mueller: the noarchive tag has no negative influence on your rankings.
- Google's Gary Illyes: we've changed the way we think about Panda.
- Google AdWords tests more Sitelinks dropdown button.
- Yahoo and AOL boss Tim Armstrong’s plan to take on Google and Facebook: Go around them.
- Alexa meet Cortana, Cortana meet Alexa.
- Google is testing ads in local business panels.
- The importance of search engine optimization (and why you really need it)
- Checklist: are the links that point to your website good links?
- How does Googlebot render your pages?
- Do not get in trouble: check these four crucial website elements
- All or nothing. Be the winner in three rounds!
- Flat or deep? How a solid website structure can help your search engine rankings.
- The top 9 on-page optimizations that you can do to improve the position of your website on Google and other search engines
- View all past issues...