|Weekly SEO news: 19 June 2018|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
More than half of all online searches are carried out on mobile devices. If you want to reach all customers, your pages must be listed in the mobile search results.
Being listed in Google's mobile results is the first step to succeed. However, it's not enough if you want to get new customers through your mobile website. Mobile SEO is more than just having a mobile-ready website.
Here are three things that help you to improve the results that you can get with your mobile website:
1. Check your landing pages
Landing pages on mobile phones can be different from landing pages for desktop computers. Typing on mobile phones is difficult and most people don't like it. Make sure that the forms on your mobile web pages require as little information as possible. The easier it is to do the required action on your mobile landing page, the better.
Place a call to action above the fold and make sure that all elements and forms are easy to tap. Keep your mobile landing page to the point. People who view web pages on mobile phones are busy.
2. Clean up your website
Smartphones have small screens. Busy pages with a lot of elements are confusing. In addition, each additional element on a web page increases the load time of the page, which is a bad thing for mobile.
Everything on your mobile web pages should be easy to use and easy to understand. Show your website visitors a clear path with clear call-to-action buttons and easy web page navigation.
Remove everything that isn't necessary: animated backgrounds, background videos, etc. Focus on a single goal on your mobile web pages.
3. Make it easy to find you
Mobile searches are often used to find local businesses. For local stores, the mobile website has two main purposes:
- Show people where your business is located.
- Make it easy to call your business.
Include a map on your website and/or include a link to Google Maps so people can navigate to your store with Google Maps. If you want to embed Google Maps on your website, make sure that it is GDPR compliant. A map image with a link to Google Maps might be the better option.
Your address should be easy to find on your mobile website. A "Call now" button also helps people to contact you. Use tel: in your link to make a phone number clickable in mobile phones:
<a href="tel:9876543210">987 654 3210</a>
<a href="tel:9876543210">Call us now</a>
Optimized pages get more customers
The tips above help you to improve the conversion rate of your mobile web pages. SEOprofiler offers mobile SEO tools that help you to optimize your website for smartphones. You can create your account here:
In addition to algorithmic penalties, Google also processed manual spam reports. In 2017, Google took action on nearly 90,000 user reports of search spam."
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google My Business guidelines are like traffic signals to New Yorkers – a (very) rough suggestion.
- People trust TripAdvisor more than Yelp or Google.
- Greater transparency and control over your Google ad experience.
- Google is now A/B testing its new ‘Google Sans’ font in Search results.
- Google treats hreflang in sitemaps and HTML the same.
- Google introduces media actions, powered by JSON-LD data feeds.
- Google testing 3 pack of videos in local search queries.
- How to get 50% more website visitors
- How to offer your clients responsive web-based SEO reports in your company design
- 7 things that help you to get started with your SEO campaign
- How to recover from a Google penalty
- How to design your website navigation for maximum results
- Google: mobile first indexing is not mobile-friendly indexing
- SEO checklist – part 2: how to make sure that your web pages will get high rankings
- SEO checklist part 1: find out if your website is ready for high rankings
- View all past issues...