|Weekly SEO news: 17 July 2018|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Improving your website rankings for the keywords for which your website already has rankings is a good way to get many more visitors without relatively little work.
The Ranking Monitor in SEOprofiler helps you to find keywords that can send many more visitors to your site.
A single position can make a big difference
Studies show that 43% of the searchers click the first result on a search result page. The top 3 websites on the first search result page get more clicks than the other websites on the result page combined.
If your website moves from position 4 to position 3, your website will get many more visitors. The visitor increase is even higher if you move from the second results page to the first results page.
Almost 90% of the searchers check only the first search results page. Moving from page two to page one will have a dramatic influence on the number of visitors that Google sends to your site.
Which keywords are worth it?
Getting listed on Google's first results page can be difficult. It depends on the keyword whether this is worth the time and effort or not.
Here's an example:
- Say you run an ad on Google AdWords (soon to be Google Ads) for a particular keyword that gets 10,000 searches during a week.
- 200 visitors click your ad to visit your website.
- Six of these visitors purchase something on your website and the total profit is $500.
That means that the average single visitor who finds your website through that keyword is worth $2.50 to your business ($500/200 visitors = $2.50/visitor).
10,000 people search for the keyword every week. If your website was listed as the first result for this keyword, you'd get 4,327 visitors per week (as 43.27% of all clicks go to the top ranked page).
You would earn $10,817.50 per week with just one top ranking. It's very likely that this is worth your time and efforts.
How to find these keywords
The opportunities section in the Ranking Monitor in SEOprofiler shows you the keywords that are nearly ranked on the first results page (or the top 3 results, or the top result):
The keywords in the 'Opportunities' section in the Ranking Monitor already have good rankings. It is relatively easy to get them on the first results page (or in the top 3 results, or on the first position). By focusing on these keywords, you can invest your time and money wisely.
Get more visitors now
Focus on the keywords that deliver the greatest traffic increase and you will get a better return on investment. Try SEOprofiler now:
John Mueller addressed this on Twitter and confirmed that whether or not Google cache is shown is not a ranking factor."
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Bing testing feature to open search results in new tab.
- Bing Ads: securing your URLs with HTTPS.
- Former Google heavy-hitter now in charge of getting Apple back in the AI game.
- Google shows "people also search for" suggestion box for ads.
- Google Hotel Ads joins Google Ads.
- Facebook faces small but symbolic UK fine over data protection breaches.
- Google Play store rival files antitrust complaint to EU.
- Google: it’s advisable to use synonyms on your web pages
- Thin content on your website: how to find it and how to fix it
- Keyword research: how to do it right
- Better mobile SEO: it's not enough to have a mobile-ready website
- How to get 50% more website visitors
- How to offer your clients responsive web-based SEO reports in your company design
- 7 things that help you to get started with your SEO campaign
- How to recover from a Google penalty
- View all past issues...