|Weekly SEO news: 9 October 2018|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Do you have to explain search engine optimization to your boss? Do you want to know how search engine optimization works? This post explains the importance of SEO and how it will help your business.
SEO delivers targeted website visitors
More than half of all website traffic comes from organic search source. People enter something in a search engine, and then they visit one of the web pages that are listed on the search results page.
The better your web pages are listed on the search results page, the more visitors will come to your website. If the listings are for the right keywords, your business will get more orders and more revenue.
Google's ranking algorithm uses more than 200 signals. Some of these signals are more important than others. The most important signals are content, links from other websites, a good user experience and technical things. If you want to improve the rankings of your web pages in the search results, you have to work on these elements.
Step 1: Optimize the content of your web pages
Google's wants to show the most relevant pages on the search result pages. For that reason, you have to make sure that your web pages are relevant. Your web pages should address the questions that people enter in Google's search form.
Searchers want to 'know, go, do, or buy'. Think about the questions that people enter in Google's search form in each of these search phases. The pages on your website should address these questions. Creating meaningful content takes some time, but it's worth the effort.
Use the Top 10 Optimizer tool in SEOprofiler to make sure that your web pages contain the right keywords in the right elements. This will save you a lot of time.
Step 2: Improve the links that point to your web pages
Links are the most important signal in Google's ranking algorithm. The content of your web page shows Google that your pages are relevant to a particular topic. The links that point to your website show Google if your web pages are better than others.
If other websites link to your site, they show Google that they find your website relevant. The more links from related websites point to your pages, the better will Google rank your pages. Use the link building tools in SEOprofiler to improve the links that point to your web pages.
If you want to promote a local business, online customer reviews and ratings also influence the position of your website in the search results.
Step 3: Improve the usability of your website
Google prefers websites that provide a good user experience. Your web pages should load quickly, and they should be easy to navigate. Visitors should find what they're looking for quickly.
Google content only helps your rankings if people can find it. Make sure that your website has a clear structure. As people who have nothing to do with your business to complete a particular task on your website. Can they do it? If not, you have to improve the usability of your site.
Don't forget that many people will view your web pages on a mobile phone. Your website must look good on mobile phones. Otherwise, you will lose many customers.
Step 4: Your website must be error free
Your search engine optimization efforts will be in vain if your website contains technical errors. For example, search engines won't list your website if your pages deliver a "404 not found" HTTP status code to search engine crawlers. Unfortunately, even pages that look fine can send the wrong code to search engines.
For that reason, it is important to perform a technical website audit. The website audit tool in SEOprofiler checks the status codes of your web pages, it checks your web pages for duplicate content, it checks the links on your pages, and it checks many more things that can cause problems with search engines.
By checking your website with the website audit tool, you make sure that search engines can index all of your web pages.
SEO helps you to get more customers
It takes time to see results from organic search engine optimization campaigns. In contrast to advertising your website on Google Ads, organic search engine optimization will deliver results that last. Search engine optimization pays off big over time. The tools in SEOprofiler help you to optimize your web pages as efficiently as possible. You can create your free SEOprofiler account here:
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Bing Ads: expand your global reach with multiple language targeting.
- Bing Ads: changes to our political ads policy.
- Internet, social media use and device ownership in U.S. have plateaued after years of growth.
- Google AdSense: looking back, looking forward.
- CPA projections: how much money does ad spend really get me?
- Google testing new Knowledge Panel changes.
- Google is testing new carousel snippets.
- Inc.com: what Google teaches its leaders.
- Google to shutter Google+ following undisclosed data exposure.
- Bing not listening to submit URL webmaster tools feature.
- Has Google enabled mobile-first indexing for your website? How will this influence your rankings on desktop?
- Google's John Mueller: keep it simple if you want to get high rankings
- New in SEOprofiler: the much improved Domain Finder tool
- What search engine optimization is all about (hint: it's not what you might think)
- New in SEOprofiler: even more locations for local SEO and rank tracking
- How to structure your website for higher rankings on search engines
- International SEO: how to optimize your web pages for international markets
- All you need to know about Google’s latest core algorithm update
- View all past issues...