|Weekly SEO news: 12 March 2019|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Search engine optimization is more important than ever in a competitive online environment. Search engines are the first choice when people are looking for information. If your website is listed for the right keywords, your business will get many new customers.
The three pillars of successful search engine optimization (SEO) help you to take your online success to the next level. A solid SEO strategy is the cornerstone of effective online marketing.
1. Make your web pages crawlable
Google's Gary Illyes was very clear when he was asked about search engine optimization in an AMA (ask me anything). A crawlable website is the most important SEO task. If search engines cannot crawl your web pages, they won't get high rankings.
There can be many reasons for crawlability problems: your web pages might have the wrong HTTP status code, there can be an issue with the robots.txt file of your website, dynamic content cannot be parsed correctly, etc.
The website audit tool in SEOprofiler is an easy way to check your website for these errors. Just create a project for your website and the website audit tool will show you all errors that can cause problems with search engines.
2. Optimize the content of your web pages
Crawlable web pages are great. Unfortunately, they are not that great if search engines cannot find the right content on your pages. Your content must be related to the keywords that you target. If your web pages have a clear topic, it is much easier to get high rankings for individual keywords that are related to that topic.
Use the keyword tools in SEOprofiler to find the keywords that will work best with your website. The optimize the content of your web pages to make sure that your website is relevant to these keywords. The tools in SEOprofiler help you to optimize your web pages for mobile search results and for desktop search results.
When you have created the basic content of your pages, it's usually a good idea to expand the content of your website. If you sell watches, do not just create pages for the individual watches. Write articles about the different watch types, when to wear with watch, etc. The more comprehensive your website becomes, the easier it will be to get high rankings for important search terms.
3. Optimize the links that point to your website
It is important to have good web pages that are related to the topic of your website. Unfortunately, your website still won't get high rankings on Google and other search engines if other websites have content that is as good as yours.
You also need good links from other websites. Links from other websites show Google that your web pages are better than other pages. Pages with good links get much better rankings than pages that do not have good links.
The quality of the links is much more important than the quantity. A few good links are much better than hundreds of low quality links. You have to find the right link influencers that are related to your business. The Link Influencer tool in SEOprofiler helps you to find these link influencers.
The Link Profiler tool in SEOprofiler also enables you to analyze the link structure of any website. Optimize the existing links of your website, remove harmful links, find links with the right anchor texts, etc.
Improve your website now
The tools in SEOprofiler offer everything you need to improve the rankings of your web pages on Google and other search engines:
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Forrester: Wikipedia lost 21% of their traffic after Google Featured Snippets launched
- How Google selects dates for search result snippets.
- Why DuckDuckGo matters.
- Google Assistant: Book a table with the Google Assistant across the country on more devices.
- Yelp announces verified licenses.
- Upgrade to the new Google Ads API.
- How to use the new Offers view on your Google Business profile.
- Twitter publishes Insights tool to show the best time to publish tweets.
- Google's John Mueller: Google uses lastmod when indexing page.
- SEO basics: how to fix thin content pages (3 steps)
- Google: What’s the difference between discovering, evaluating and indexing?
- New in SEOprofiler: Open Graph link checks and picture element URL checks
- How to find out with which result types your web pages are listed on Google
- New in SEOprofiler: export image issues in the website audit tool (and do much more)
- How to find the find the texts that are used most often to link to your website
- How to check if your pages have the right HTTP status codes (and other indexability issues)
- View all past issues...