|Weekly SEO news: 5 February 2019|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
We've just released another addition to the website audit tool. The audit tool now offers an additional export feature for image related warnings, errors and notices.
How the website audit tool helps you to fix errors on your web pages
The website audit tool checks all pages of your websites for errors that can have a negative effect on the search engine rankings of your web pages. You will get a list of all pages that contain errors so that you can fix these errors as quickly as possible:
Just click the 'Details' button next to a page URL to view the errors of the page:
In general, the fastest method to fix the errors on your website is to fix them page by page with the web interface shown above.
How to find pages with particular errors
Some people want to fix the errors by error type. It's very easy to find web pages that contain particular errors in the website audit tool. Just use the filters at the top of the 'Checked files' page in the website audit tool:
That's the easiest way to view pages that contain particular errors. Some people want to send a list of errors to coworkers so that the coworker can work on the errors.
One way to send a list of errors to coworkers is to use the export feature:
The export feature creates CSV files. This can be useful if you have in-house tools that can work with CSV files. For example, the 'broken links' CSV file contains the HTTP code of the broken link, the page URL that contains the broken link, the linked broken URL, the HTML tag and the anchor text.
There are many different CSV files that you can export. The 'Image issues' CSV file is new.
Branded reports and team member accounts
As explained above, it is much easier to work with the web-based website audit reports to fix errors on your website. Instead of sending your coworkers CSV files, you can also offer access to the web-based client reports.
The web-based client reports have no reference to SEOprofiler, so nobody will find out that you used SEOprofiler to create the audit report. The web-based client reports enable you to give other people full access to the audit report without sharing other data.
Alternatively, you can use the team member account feature in SEOprofiler. SEOprofiler enables you to add team members to your SEOprofiler account. You specify the projects and the tools that can be accessed by your team members.
For example, a team member might only have access to a particular project. You can also restrict access to the website audit tool for that project. The team member account feature is very flexible.
Check your web pages now
Create your SEOprofiler account now to check the pages of your website. Error free pages with the right content get higher rankings on Google and other search engines:
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google testing Events Rich Results on desktop.
- Google.com on mobile web rolling out voice search in Chrome for Android.
- U.S. judge rejects Yahoo data breach settlement.
- Google testing new URL copy and share buttons in Chrome for Android’s ‘search-ready’ omnibox.
- French regulator orders Google to review ads policies.
- Microsoft sees Bing Ad revenue inch upward.
- Activists in Paris protest against Google's tax setup.
- A new user-agent for Google speakers?
- How to find the find the texts that are used most often to link to your website
- How to check if your pages have the right HTTP status codes (and other indexability issues)
- New in SEOprofiler: mobile first audit reports
- How to find missed keyword opportunities
- Happy Holidays!
- How to analyze the links of any website while surfing the Internet
- How to find the best keywords for your website with the right keyword research tools
- Official: Google's DongHwi Lee talks about AMP indexing
- How to convince other websites to link to your site
- View all past issues...