|Weekly SEO news: 15 January 2019|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
The website audit tool in SEOprofiler is a powerful tool that helps you to make sure that Google and other search engines will index all pages of your website correctly.
We have changed the website audit tool so that it now checks your web pages with a mobile user-agent by default.
What is mobile-first indexing?
Mobile-first indexing means Google will predominantly use the mobile version of the content for indexing and ranking. Historically, Google's index primarily used the desktop version of a page's content when evaluating the relevance of a page to a user's query.
Since the majority of users now access Google via a mobile device, the index will primarily use the mobile version of a page's content going forward.
With mobile-first indexing, Googlebot primarily crawls and indexes pages with the smartphone agent.
How does this influence your search engine rankings?
Google does not create a separate mobile-first index. They continue to use only one index. The contents of mobile pages will be used with Google's ranking algorithms. The ranking of your web pages now will depend on the content of the mobile version of your web pages.
If you use responsive web design, then the pages for desktop and mobile are the same. In that case, your rankings won't change at all.
If you have mobile pages that are different from the desktop version of your web pages, your desktop rankings will change based on the content that can be found on your mobile pages.
If important content is missing on your mobile pages, your desktop rankings might drop. Make sure that your mobile pages contain the same content as your desktop pages. Responsive web design is the easiest way to do that.
What's new in the website audit tool?
When you create a new project in SEOprofiler, the website audit tool will automatically use a mobile user-agent to check your web pages. That means that the website audit tool will get the same pages that mobile user will get.
You could use a mobile user-agent before but now it is a default settings. If you want to change the user-agent in existing projects, you can do so on the settings page of the website audit tool (SEOprofiler > Your project > Website audit > Settings):
What is the website audit tool?
The website audit tool is a powerful web page optimization tool that checks the web pages of your website for errors that influence the position of your web pages on search engines:
Check your web pages now
Check your web pages with the website audit tool in SEOprofiler now:
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google is closing the commenting feature on the Google Webmaster Central blog (because there is too much spam).
- Google Chrome to filter 'annoying' ads.
- New menu structure in SEOprofiler: tasks, not tools.
- Google clash over global right to be forgotten returns to court.
- Google has improved the results for song lyrics.
- EU top court adviser: Google can limit right to be forgotten.
- How to find missed keyword opportunities
- Happy Holidays!
- How to analyze the links of any website while surfing the Internet
- How to find the best keywords for your website with the right keyword research tools
- Official: Google's DongHwi Lee talks about AMP indexing
- How to convince other websites to link to your site
- 6 powerful tips to get more clicks with optimized descriptions
- View all past issues...