|Weekly SEO news: 14 May 2019|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Search engine optimization is important if you want to get high rankings on Google. But is search engine optimization the same as following Google's advice? Of course, it's advisable to follow most of Google's recommendations. However, you should do more than that. Here are four things that you should consider.
1. Google is not your friend
Google wants to make money and they tell webmasters to do things that work best for Google. That isn't necessarily the same thing as the things that work best for you.
Follow Google's recommendations and your web pages can be indexed by Google. That does not mean that your web pages will rank better than the pages of your competitors. Search engine optimization is about getting better rankings than your competitors.
2. Some things that Google says are misleading
3. Keep things simple
It's easier to manage a simple website and it's also much easier to get high rankings with these websites.
4. Don't forget the basics and use the right tools
Before you apply the latest secret SEO trick to your website, make sure that you worked on the basic SEO tactics. Work on the title tags of your web pages, improve the internal linking structure of your website, optimize the web page content, etc.
The right tools help you to work as efficiently as possible. For example, the Top 10 Optimizer tool in SEOprofiler shows you how exactly you should change your web pages. The website audit tool discovers redirects, canonical tags and other things on your website. SEOprofiler offers many more SEO tools that help you to get your website ranked on the first results page.
It's usually a good idea to follow Google's advice. However, you have to do more than that if you want to rank better than your competitors. The tools in SEOprofiler help you to get better rankings than your competitors:
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google’s John Mueller: bad links can be obvious.
- Google: it's not thin content if we can't see anything; it's just a URL.
- Google Search Console data from 9-25 April is lost.
- Google: We don't provide support for SEO based on business relationships.
- Google: After over 18 years on the Board, Eric Schmidt is not seeking re-election at the expiration of his current term on June 19, 2019.
- Google bug: Manual actions just disappeared from Google search console.
- When to use the nofollow tag (and when to avoid it)
- How to improve your Google rankings by improving your internal links
- How to implement expertise, authoritativeness and trustworthiness (E-A-T) for Google
- How much does SEO cost? How can you get more for your money? What should you do?
- Google: Don't mix mobile URLs and responsive design
- Why your business needs SEO (and how to do it right)
- How to optimize the links that point to your website (with a free link analysis tool)
- View all past issues...