|Weekly SEO news: 2 April 2019|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Having a website that works well with mobile devices is very important as about 60% of all visitors view websites on Smartphones. But should you use mobile URLs, or should you use responsive web pages? Can you combine both?
What is Google's recommendation?
In March, Google's John Mueller said that websites with separate mobile URLs (https://m.example.com) should move to responsive design.
A website that uses responsive design contains elements that respond differently when viewed on devices of different sizes. If a user views the website on a tablet, the website might automatically adjust to display just two columns.
If the user views the website on a smartphone, the content might appear as a single column. On responsive websites, images will resize instead of distorting the layout or getting cut off. Responsive design websites automatically adjust based on the device of the user.
Don't mix mobile URLs and responsive design
Instead of using responsive design, websites could deliver special mobile URLs to smartphones. For example, desktop users might see www.example.com/page.html and smartphone users might see m.example.com/page.html.
On Twitter, a user asked what happened if he used both mobile URLs and responsive design. Google's John Mueller said that you shouldn't mix them because Google might get confused:
— 🍌 John 🍌 (@JohnMu) 25 March 2019
Why would you have alternate mobile pages and a responsive design?
— 🍌 John 🍌 (@JohnMu) 26 March 2019
We'd probably get confused - which one should we show when? It's unclear. I'd strongly recommend using a single-URL setup (responsive or dynamic serving).
How to optimize your website for smartphones
The tools in SEOprofiler help you to optimize your web pages for Google's mobile search results. SEOprofiler offers mobile SEO tools, and you get mobile-first SEO audits. SEOprofiler is a full featured search engine optimization tool that offers everything that you need to get high rankings on Google and other search engines.
Create your SEOprofiler account now and optimize your web pages. Better pages lead to more website visitors, more website visitors lead to increased revenues:
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Pentagon says all of Google’s work on drones is exempt from the freedom of information act.
- EU lawmakers approve copyright reforms that could have a big impact on Google, Facebook.
- Google says EU copyright reforms will hurt creative industries.
- Killed By Google is a digital graveyard of the company’s dead products.
- Google usually doesn't index embedded SVGs.
- Google is testing icons in the search bar.
- Google releases new Google Ads editor.
- Google's link shortener is officially dead.
- Why your business needs SEO (and how to do it right)
- How to optimize the links that point to your website (with a free link analysis tool)
- The 3 pillars of successful search engine optimization (SEO)
- SEO basics: how to fix thin content pages (3 steps)
- Google: What’s the difference between discovering, evaluating and indexing?
- New in SEOprofiler: Open Graph link checks and picture element URL checks
- How to find out with which result types your web pages are listed on Google
- New in SEOprofiler: export image issues in the website audit tool (and do much more)
- View all past issues...