|Weekly SEO news: 9 April 2019|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
If you want to survive the fierce online competition then you need SEO. The question is not if you should invest in SEO but how much you invest. SEO can be very expensive. How can you get more for your money?
How much do SEO agencies charge?
SEO agencies have different pricing models:
1. Hourly consulting: the average SEO agency (or individual) charges between $100 and $300 per hour (all amounts in US$).
2. Fixed prices: businesses that are new to SEO often buy services at fixed prices. This can be a website content audit (usually $500-$7,500), link profile audits ($500-$7,500) or SEO copywriting ($0.10-$0.50 per word).
3. Monthly retainer: the most popular pricing model is a monthly payment. On average, SEO agencies and individuals charge $750-5,000 per month. Depending on how much you pay, you can expect different services: regular analytics reports, on-site optimization, link building, keyword research, etc.
Some offshore companies offer 'SEO' services for much lower prices ($100-$500/month). In general, you can be sure that these services use spam techniques to 'promote' your website and that these services will backfire on you.
If an SEO service is too cheap, it's likely that they use risky methods. That's a lesson that many businesses had to learn in the past. If something looks too good to be true, it's not true.
How to get more for your money
You can automate many things that SEO agencies do for you with the right tools. For example, SEOprofiler can do the following for you:
- Regular website audits: the website audit tool in SEOprofiler automatically checks the content of your web pages and it shows you all the errors that should be corrected.
- Regular link profile audits: the link profiler tool in SEOprofiler shows you the backlink structure of your website. It also shows the backlinks that could have a negative influence on the rankings of your web pages.
- Regular reports: use the scheduler in SEOprofiler to automatically get SEO reports by email. You can also view your reports online and you get access to all important key metrics.
- On-site optimization: the Top 10 Optimizer tool in SEOprofiler analyzes the content of your web pages.
- Regular position checks: the ranking monitor in SEOprofiler checks the position of your web pages on Google, Google Mobile and Bing. You can specify the exact city from which the rankings should be checked. The ranking monitor informs you about dramatic ranking changes, it shows easy ranking opportunities, and much more.
Instead of the $2,500 that the average client pays his SEO agency for these services, you can get all of this for a much lower price with SEOprofiler. SEOprofiler is a do-it-yourself SEO tool that helps you to get better rankings on search engines.
Even if you only use the fully automated reporting tools in SEOprofiler, you will save a lot of money. If you use all tools in SEOprofiler, you will save even more.
Should you hire an SEO agency or should use a do-it-yourself tool?
If you can invest some time in your website, a do-it-yourself SEO tool can help you to save a lot of money. For example, SEOprofiler creates the same reports that you will get from a professional SEO agency - for a fraction of the costs. You can even use SEOprofiler to offer your own SEO services.
Test SEOprofiler for free if you want to use a tool!
Search engine optimization takes time. SEO is a long-term investment. You will get the best results if you regularly work on your web pages. The tools in SEOprofiler can help you to do that as efficiently as possible. Try SEOprofiler now:
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Is there a new user-agent "google-Read-Aloud"?
- Google cancels AI ethics board in response to outcry.
- AMPproject.org moves to amp.dev.
- How deep is Google’s love? Where the in-depth articles have gone.
- Researchers find 540 million Facebook user records on exposed servers.
- Bing Ads: Drive customers to immediate action with Action Extensions.
- Universal Search updated at Google.
- Google: Don't mix mobile URLs and responsive design
- Why your business needs SEO (and how to do it right)
- How to optimize the links that point to your website (with a free link analysis tool)
- The 3 pillars of successful search engine optimization (SEO)
- SEO basics: how to fix thin content pages (3 steps)
- Google: What’s the difference between discovering, evaluating and indexing?
- New in SEOprofiler: Open Graph link checks and picture element URL checks
- How to find out with which result types your web pages are listed on Google
- New in SEOprofiler: export image issues in the website audit tool (and do much more)
- View all past issues...