|Weekly SEO news: 3 September 2019|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Although Google uses many different ranking signals, links from other websites are still the most important signal in Google's ranking algorithm. The better the links that point to your website, the higher your rankings.
It is difficult to get links from other sites. This article shows you how to convince influential websites to link to your site.
Step 1: Find the right websites
If you want to get good links, you must target the right websites. Only links from the right websites will have a positive impact on your rankings on Google and other search engines. A link from another website should be useful to website visitors. For that reason, it is important that the links to your website come from websites that are related to your site.
SEOprofiler offers many powerful tools that help you to find related websites that are willing to link to other sites. In addition to the Link Profiler tool, you can use the Link Influencer tool in SEOprofiler to find websites that are both related to your website, and willing to link:
Step 2: create complementary content
If a website links to a competing website, you have to convince the other website that they should link to your site instead. There are two ways to do that.
If your website offers better content than the website that is currently linked by the other site then you might be able to convince the owner of the other website that it's better to link to your site.
Unfortunately, many websites won't link to your site if they think that they are already linking to a very similar site. For that reason, creating complementary content usually leads to better results.
Instead of trying to create content that is better than the content of your competitors, it is often easier to create complementary content. Create something that can serve as an important supplement to the pages that link to your competitors.
Pages with complementary content often get more links than pages that contain the same content as an existing page, even if the content is better.
For example, a well-known high-authority website might have an average article about a particular topic. That article will get many links just because the website is well-known. If you have a better article about the same topic, chances are that the other websites still won't link to your site just because your site isn't as well-known and authoritative.
If you offer these websites something additional that complements the average article on the well-known site, then it is much more likely that these websites will add a link to your site.
Improve your links now
Websites that link to your competitors are websites that should link to your site. SEOprofiler offers many powerful link-building tools that help you to improve the quality of the links that point to your web pages. You can create your free account here:
2. Internet marketing news of the week
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google now showing competitor ads on local business profiles.
- Google: The sitelinks search box is an organic search feature that has nothing to do with YMYL.
- Negative Local SEO appears to work very well. GMB has determined my big, expensive, real, physical office is a virtual office address.
- What it means to work at Google when you can no longer say anything you want.
- Google: the rel-canonical link element is not a redirect.
- How Word uses Bing to tell you more about your writing.
- Google is decluttering Chrome by killing a bunch of features no one used.
- Google removes image size search options.
- Google hosting more ads that break its own rules.
- Back to the basics: how SEO helps you to get more customers
- Save time and money: do SEO more efficiently by setting the right goals
- A free alternative to Google's link search operator: OpenLinkProfiler.org
- Official: what webmasters should know about Google's core updates
- Google: how to migrate your website correctly to a new URL structure
- Structured data markup is not just for Google (but does it always make sense)?
- View all past issues...