|Weekly SEO news: 13 August 2019|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Google stopped supporting the link search operator a long time ago and you cannot check the links of other websites anymore on Google. Fortunately, there's an easy way to check the links of other websites. There are good reasons to do that.
Is Google's link search operator really gone?
Google's Gary Illyes said on Twitter that the link search operator was no longer supported by Google:
It's not broken. It's completely removed and we don't support it anymore— Gary "鯨理" Illyes (@methode) July 30
If you want to analyze the links of other websites, you have to find an alternative to Google's link search operator.
Why should you analyze the links of your competitors?
Google has confirmed that links from other websites are a strong ranking signal. There is a strong correlation between good links from other websites and high rankings on Google.
Find the websites and links that will give your own website a ranking boost by analyzing the links of your competitors. Analyze the links of your own website, remove bad links and improve the existing links that point to your site.
Your free link analysis tool: OpenLinkProfiler.org
OpenLinkProfiler.org is a free link analysis tool that enables you to take a look at the links of any website. It enables you to find particular links quickly and easily:
You can filter the links by age, by anchor text, by the title of the linking page, by Link Influence Score (LIS), by industry, by context, etc.
Find the links that point to a particular page, links that contain particular words, etc. OpenLinkProfiler.org also parses the data for you so that you get the top stats with a single mouse click:
Billions of links at your fingertips
The link database of OpenLinkProfiler.org contains billions of links that are updated regularly. Go to OpenLinkProfiler.org now and analyze the links of any website. Don't forget to tell your friends about this free tool.
2. Internet marketing news of the week
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- There was an issue with Google News indexing.
- Google will use a first-price sealed-bid auction to select the other general search providers that appear in the choice screen of EU Android devices.
- Google Ads directly contacting clients of SEM agencies.
- Google's replaced the iconic magnifying glass on the search bar with the word "Search".
- Official: what webmasters should know about Google's core updates
- Google: how to migrate your website correctly to a new URL structure
- Structured data markup is not just for Google (but does it always make sense)?
- New in SEOprofiler: more features in the Competitor Traffic Profiler tool
- New in SEOprofiler: even more keyword suggestions for the ranking monitor
- Your alternative to Google's Keyword Planner
- View all past issues...