|Weekly SEO news: 19 September 2017|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
We have added another new feature to the Ranking Monitor in SEOprofiler: the overview page now shows progression charts for all tracked parameters on Google, Google Mobile, Bing and Yahoo:
Everything at a glance
The new progression charts enable you to quickly see your SEO progress. How has the number of ranked pages changed over time? Are you ranked for more keywords than before? Is your average position better than it was three months ago?
The new overview page has the answers to these questions and more.
More prominent opportunities and alerts
You can find the opportunities and alerts more easily on the overview page now:
The opportunities in the Ranking Monitor tool help you to find the keywords for which you can get many more visitors through relatively little work. For example, this can be keywords that are listed just one result after result page one, keywords that could reach the top 3 results, etc.
The positive changes show remarkable ranking increases. The alerts show the keywords that need your attention. Click on one of these boxes to get the detailed opportunities and alerts.
Easily track your progress
The new charts enable you to track your search engine optimization progress more easily. For example, the Visibility Score charts shows how well your pages are ranked for the keywords that you monitor over time:
There are many more features to come
We're continually improving the tools in SEOprofiler. Although the Ranking Monitor in SEOprofiler is already a comprehensive tool, there will be even more new features later this month. If you haven't done it yet, try SEOprofiler now:
Moving to a responsive site should make maintenance and reporting much easier for you down the road. Aside from no longer needing to manage separate URLs for all pages, it will also make it much easier to adopt practices and technologies such as hreflang for internationalization, AMP for speed, structured data for advanced search features and more."
In short, someone was upset that Fast Company was changing the article publish date and datemodified code to say the article was written today, but it was written long ago. The person assumed it was helping the pages rank well but I doubt it was."
Glenn Gabe asked John Mueller of Google about this on Twitter and John said 'malware can be tricky (cloaked redirects, etc), but once cleaned up, it wouldn't have a longer-term effect on search visibility.'"
In short, the detailed study explains why links are just as important as they were a few years ago and the authors detail why they think links will continue to be important in the foreseeable future."
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google's John Mueller: your XML Sitemap files do not have to load fast.
- Bing adds Fact Check label in SERP to support the ClaimReview markup.
- Google is rolling out tabs to hotels’ knowledge panels.
- New knowledge panel on Android with a map next to the address and your distance from the location.
- UK startup takes on Google with 'first ever comprehensive, unbiased shopping search engine’.
- Google ignores HTML ID attributes.
- Google AMP is winning or my history with AMP.
- New in SEOprofiler: get more customers with better keywords
- New in SEOprofiler: the improved Ranking Monitor
- The importance of search engine optimization (and why you really need it)
- Checklist: are the links that point to your website good links?
- How does Googlebot render your pages?
- Do not get in trouble: check these four crucial website elements
- All or nothing. Be the winner in three rounds!
- View all past issues...