|Weekly SEO news: 7 August 2018|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Customers will only buy from your website if they trust your business. They decide within a few seconds whether they want to stay or leave your website. Here are six things that you can do to make your website more credible.
When do website visitors trust a website?
The UX magazine has a good definition of 'trust':
- Your company is moral. Trust involves the belief that your company is law-abiding and fair while also showing that you cares about your customers.
- Your product will do what it claims to do. A consumer has expectations that your company’s product will live up to its claims, which are assumed to be accurate and unbiased.
- Information will be correct, complete, and unbiased. When people trust the information and choices presented, they are less likely to feel a need to go elsewhere.
- Your product or service has quality. People want to feel confident in their choices and we all want to feel confident that our digital devices are quality products that will safely hold important data.
- "A company will protect me." Security and privacy are increasingly a key concern for consumers as they navigate the digital world. People want to know that your company has their best interests in mind. Will your company safely store my personal credit card information and keep sensitive information private?
So what can you do to show your website visitors that your website is trustworthy?
Step 1: Improve your website design
Good looking websites with a professional design are much more trustworthy than websites that look as if they were created by amateurs. You should have beautiful web pages with functional design. A good website makes people want to learn more about your business and your projects.
Step 2: Show your visitors that you're real
If possible, show pictures of your team on your website. If you have customer testimonials or other third party rankings, show them on your web pages. People tend to trust a business more if other people tested it before.
Show real people who interact with your product and include a strong message and a clear call-to-action on your home page.
Step 3: Make sure that your website is up-to-date
Step 4: Remove errors
Of course, your website should have consistent uptime, fast-loading pages and a custom domain name. In addition, your web pages should not contain broken links, spelling mistakes, or other errors. You can check this with the website audit tool in SEOprofiler.
Step 5: Show potential clients that you are active online
Keep your customers up-to-date by regularly publishing articles in your blog. If you do not have a blog, use social media to get in touch with your clients.
Step 6: Show your address
If it is difficult to find your contact information, people won't trust your business.
The easier it is to contact you, the better. List your full address, use contact forms, email, live-chat, phone, and social media.
Improve your website now
The tools in SEOprofiler help you to optimize your web pages. You can create your free account here:
This week we released a broad core algorithm update, as we do several times per year. Our guidance about such updates remains the same as in March."
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- How much do SEO agencies charge for their SEO services?
- Is a fast website really that important? How fast is fast enough?
- How to get many more visitors with your existing keywords
- Google: it’s advisable to use synonyms on your web pages
- Thin content on your website: how to find it and how to fix it
- Keyword research: how to do it right
- Better mobile SEO: it's not enough to have a mobile-ready website
- How to get 50% more website visitors
- View all past issues...