|Weekly SEO news: 16 October 2018|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Regular technical audits of your website are important. Servers can have problems, links can change, and there can be many other things that can have a negative influence on the search engine rankings of your website.
Technical errors on your website also lead to a bad user experience, which results in fewer sales. For that reason, you should regularly run technical website audits. This is very easy with the website audit tool:
Step 1: Create a project for your website
Creating a project just means that you tell the website audit tool which website you want to check. Click the 'Add new project' button on your account overview page and enter the address of your website. That's all there is to it.
Step 2: View the audit report
When you create a new project, the website audit report will be created automatically. Select Website audit > Overview in the menu on the left. You will see an overview of the errors that were found on your website:
The website audit tool checks many different things that can influence the position of your web pages in the search result pages of Google and other search engines.
Step 3: Fix the errors
Open the page Checked files in the website audit tool to get an overview of all checked pages.
By defaults, the checked files are sorted by the number of issues that have been found. You use the filters on the top of the page to show files that contain particular errors:
The pages shows the list of files that have been checked. To get the error details for a page, click the Details button next to a page URL:
Indexability, structured data, AMP, and other technologies
In addition to the pages Overview and Check files the website audit tool also shows you many other things, such as the indexability of your web pages, the usage of structured data and other technologies on your pages, AMP pages, the security settings of your server, and much more:
The website audit tool also checks your pages for spelling mistakes. You can select 47 different dictionaries for the spell check. The audit tool also supports multi-language websites.
Invisible errors and audits for mobile websites
Some errors cannot be seen by browsing your website. For example, your web pages might send a '404 not found' HTTP status code to search engines although users see the correct page. This will cause massive ranking problems. The website audit tool finds these errors.
The website audit tool also enables you to check your website as if it was requested from a mobile device. You also get screenshots of your website for different devices:
Create your audit report now
Create your SEOprofiler account now to get a website audit report for your own website. The website audit tool in SEOprofiler automatically checks your web pages once per week. You can also create audit reports manually.
Most people see immediate improvements after fixing the errors that the website audit tool finds on their web pages. You can create your SEOprofiler account here:
Instead of showing normal Sitelinks, which are in the screen shot above on the left, you are presented with more detail Sitelinks."
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Dragonfly: What we know about Google’s possible plans to re-enter China’s search market.
- Google safe search results patent and reranking or removing results.
- Leaked transcript of private meeting contradicts Google’s official story on China.
- Video swells to 25% of US digital ad spending.
- Google drops out of Pentagon's $10 billion cloud competition.
- Google My Business has a manual review bug.
- Google to record some calls from ads for quality assurance.
- If your company name is "Best XYZ" then Google's won't always rank you for that term.
- Google data breach + Berners-Lee’s Solid — is the power shifting?
- How organic search engine optimization works (and how it will improve your business)
- Has Google enabled mobile-first indexing for your website? How will this influence your rankings on desktop?
- Google's John Mueller: keep it simple if you want to get high rankings
- New in SEOprofiler: the much improved Domain Finder tool
- What search engine optimization is all about (hint: it's not what you might think)
- New in SEOprofiler: even more locations for local SEO and rank tracking
- How to structure your website for higher rankings on search engines
- International SEO: how to optimize your web pages for international markets
- All you need to know about Google’s latest core algorithm update
- View all past issues...