|Weekly SEO news: 1 October 2019|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Google has announced the September 2019 broad core algorithm update on Twitter. The rollout of the update began on September, 24th and it continued over several days:
The September 2019 Core Update is now live and will be rolling out across our various data centers over the coming days. pic.twitter.com/DhJQ8AFUYL— Google SearchLiaison (@searchliaison) September, 2019
If your rankings have dropped, your website has not been penalized:
"There’s nothing wrong with pages that may perform less well in a core update. They haven't violated our webmaster guidelines nor been subjected to a manual or algorithmic action, as can happen to pages that do violate those guidelines.
In fact, there's nothing in a core update that targets specific pages or sites. Instead, the changes are about improving how our systems assess content overall. These changes may cause some pages that were previously under-rewarded to do better."
Have your rankings changed?
You can monitor the rankings of your web pages with the Ranking Monitor in SEOprofiler. The Ranking Monitor enables you to react when your rankings drop.
The Ranking Monitor also shows the days on which algorithm updates happen so that you can quickly see if a ranking change might be related to an algorithm update:
The tools in SEOprofiler also help you to optimize your web pages for Google's ranking algorithm.
You get everything you need to get high rankings on Google and other search engines: keyword research tools, web page optimization tools, SEO website audits, uptime monitoring, and much more.
2. Internet marketing news of the week
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Again: better do not use m-dot domains for your mobile web pages.
- If you move your website to a new server, the only thing that will change is the crawl rate. You should keep the same URLs.
- SEC charges Comscore Inc. and former CEO with accounting and disclosure fraud.
- Google Knowledge Panels with translation option.
- Google: 21 Facts you probably didn't know about the search engine.
- Local businesses can opt out of online food orders on Google.
- Reminder: it’s not enough to remove technical errors to rank well (but it’s important)
- Google introduces two new link attributes and changes the way it treats nofollow links
- Google: you might get unstable results with m-dot domains (m.domain.com)
- How to get links from influential websites (two steps)
- Back to the basics: how SEO helps you to get more customers
- Save time and money: do SEO more efficiently by setting the right goals
- A free alternative to Google's link search operator: OpenLinkProfiler.org
- Official: what webmasters should know about Google's core updates
- View all past issues...