|Weekly SEO news: 26 November 2019|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
More than 50% of all searches on Google are done on smartphones and other mobile devices. Many of these searches have a strong local touch. That means that people get different search results based on the location from which they search.
Rank tracking for all 101,815 locations that are supported by Google
Different regions have different search results. For example, searchers in New York get different results for the keyword "plumber" than people in San Francisco.
The Ranking Monitor checks your rankings in 169 countries and languages. You can check your local rankings from all locations that are also supported by Google.
We're continually updating the locations that are supported. We added 2,249 new locations with the latest update.
For example, there are 352 new locations from Serbia, 199 new locations from India and many updates and additions from other countries. There are 55,417 supported locations in the USA.
How to set a ranking check location
Setting the location for the ranking check is easy. Just click the "Add your keywords" button on the "Ranked keywords" page:
Then enter the keywords that you want to check and select a country. Start typing a city name to get location suggestions:
Your local SEO rank tracking solution
Local rank tracking is is important if you have a brick and mortar business. Your website must be found for searches that are done by potential customers in the area where your business is located.
The Ranking Monitor in SEOprofiler enables you to track your rankings on city-level. You can specify the exact location from which your rankings should be checked (cities, zip codes, airports, etc.). If you do business in multiple locations, you can track all the locations in one campaign.
Local results tracking for businesses without websites
Google also shows businesses that do not have a website in the local results.
The Ranking Monitor monitor enables you to track the positions of these businesses in the search results, even if Google does not show a website address.
Just enter the business name and the Ranking Monitor will take care of it. It’s really easy.
Try SEOprofiler now risk-free
If you haven't done it yet, create your SEOprofiler account now. In addition to the ranking monitor, SEOprofiler offers many more powerful SEO tools that help you to get higher rankings on Google and other search engines.
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Google no longer supports the Lynx browser (bad for blind people).
- Google: we’re good at ignoring spammy links (no negative SEO).
- Google Ads conversion reporting issues for November 11 through November 20.
- Bing 2020 US Elections Experience (Beta).
- Google tests new recipe preview feature.
- Apple won't tell congress how much search referral revenue it collects from Google.
- Helping advertisers comply with CCPA in Google Ads.
- Twitter: More control over your conversations: now available globally.
- Google bug delisted pages with a particular meta tag.
- Google Chrome: your website usually loads slow (and how to fix it)
- Bing announces penalty for inorganic site structures
- Better keywords lead to more revenue
- Google: link velocity is not important, it's the quality of the links that matters
- SEO done right: how to get high rankings in 2019
- H1 headings are important - or are they?
- Google releases September 2019 broad core algorithm update
- Reminder: it’s not enough to remove technical errors to rank well (but it’s important)
- View all past issues...