|Weekly SEO news: 3 October 2017|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
We have added another great feature to the Ranking Monitor in SEOprofiler: from now on, you can track the rankings of businesses that do not have a website!
Search engine rankings without a website?
Although this sounds odd, it is not unusual that businesses without a website get listed on Google's first result page (and on other search engines). These listings are in the local results:
These are local results that appear on Google for the keyword "flowers knoxville". As you can see, none of these businesses is listed with a website. The results refer to entries in Google Maps.
Most local results include a website
Businesses that do have a website will be listed with their website address in the local results:
Until now, the Ranking Monitor only tracked the rankings of websites (including all pages on the website, subdomains, external pages such as Facebook pages, YouTube videos, etc.). With the new version of the Ranking Monitor, you can also track the rankings of businesses by business name.
How to track the rankings by business name
It's very easy to the track the rankings by business name. Click the 'Add monitored domains and pages' button on the page 'Monitored URLs' in the Ranking Monitor in SEOprofiler. You will get this dialog window:
Click the 'Monitor a business name' panel and enter the name of the business. If you want to track the rankings of the business 'The Flower Pot', enter that business name. That's all there is to it. You can monitor your own business names and business names of your competitors
See your rankings
Monitor all rankings of your website
The Ranking Monitor tracks much more than just local rankings. It tracks regular rankings, image rankings, video rankings, news rankings, etc.
You can filter the rankings by various factors, you can find the top pages, you get alerts and opportunities, ranking progression charts, and a lot more. If you haven't done it yet, try the Ranking Monitor (and all the other tools in SEOprofiler) now:
A site might be completely fine and good in rankings in Google Canada because there are fewer other sites that are competing for these queries on Google Canada."
John Mueller of Google gave his typical comment on these changes on Twitter this morning saying 'we're always working on improving our search results, so seeing things in other tools is kinda expected.'"
John Mueller said that is absolutely not true, saying "we're not special-casing them; sometimes they rank well, sometimes they don't."
It is hard to say if this is related to the September 20th update or another Google update or unrelated at all. Google has not commented on anything this week, of course."
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Bing testing Google-like ads tag in search results.
- Google checks for spam patterns between search console accounts?
- Bing Ads Editor: Bringing greater control on when to show your ad extensions and improved shared libraries.
- Bing Ads offers offline conversions import.
- Yandex 20th birthday: 10 facts for the Russian digital ad community.
- Google to create shopping service unit to satisfy EU.
- Google search interest can reveal key food trends over the years.
- This (Google sponsored) essay aims to highlight how much we depend on search to know 'how to do' everyday things.
- New in SEOprofiler: 160 countries and languages
- New in SEOprofiler: progression charts on the overview page
- New in SEOprofiler: get more customers with better keywords
- New in SEOprofiler: the improved Ranking Monitor
- The importance of search engine optimization (and why you really need it)
- Checklist: are the links that point to your website good links?
- How does Googlebot render your pages?
- View all past issues...