|Weekly SEO news: 17 December 2019|
Here are the latest website promotion and Internet marketing tips for you.
We hope that you enjoy this newsletter and that it helps you to get more out of your website. Please forward this newsletter to your friends.
Regular technical audits of your website are important. Servers can have problems, links can change, and there can be many other things that can have a negative impact on the search engine rankings of your website.
A bad user experience also leads to fewer sales. For that reason, you should regularly run technical website audits. This is very easy with the website audit tool:
Step 1: Create a project for your website
Creating a project just means that you tell the website audit tool which website you want to check. Click the 'Add new project' button on your account overview page and enter the address of your website. That's all there is to it.
When you create a new SEOprofiler account, the first project will be created automatically.
Step 2: View the audit report
After creating the new project, the website audit report will be created automatically. Select Website audit > Overview in the menu on the left in your SEOprofiler account. You will see an overview of the errors that were found on your website:
The website audit tool checks many different things that have an impact on the position of your web pages in the search result pages of Google and other search engines.
Step 3: Fix the errors
Open the page Checked files in the website audit tool to get an overview of all checked pages.
By defaults, the checked files are sorted by the number of issues that have been found. You use the filters on the top of the page to show files that contain particular errors:
The pages shows the list of files that have been checked. To get the error details for a page, click the Details button next to a page URL:
Indexability, structured data, AMP, and other technologies
In addition to the pages Overview and Check files the website audit tool also analyzes many other things, such as the indexability of your web pages, the usage of structured data and other technologies on your pages, AMP pages, the security settings of your server, and much more:
The website audit tool also checks your pages for spelling mistakes. You can select 47 different dictionaries for the spell check. The audit tool also supports multi-language websites.
Invisible errors and SEO audits for mobile websites
Some errors cannot be seen by browsing your website. For example, your web pages might send a '404 not found' HTTP status code to search engines although users see the correct page. This will cause massive ranking problems. The website audit tool finds these errors.
The website audit tool also enables you to check your website as if it was requested from a mobile device. You also get screenshots of your website for different devices:
Create your audit report now
Create your SEOprofiler account now to get a website audit report for your own website. The website audit tool in SEOprofiler automatically checks your web pages once per week. You can also create audit reports manually.
+++ SEARCH +++ ENGINE +++ NEWS +++ TICKER +++
- Local consumer review survey 2019.
- Is it time to give Bing another chance?
- Google testing new borders on mobile SERPs.
- How Google Play works.
- Google: Making our products more helpful in Arabic.
- Google Shopping 100: This season’s top trending gifts.
- Google testing review carousel with query related phrases.
- Google finally confirms the November 2019 local search update
- Click-depth as a ranking factor (and how to find the click depth of all pages on your website)
- New in SEOprofiler: more locations for local SEO and rank tracking
- Google Chrome: your website usually loads slow (and how to fix it)
- Bing announces penalty for inorganic site structures
- Better keywords lead to more revenue
- Google: link velocity is not important, it's the quality of the links that matters
- SEO done right: how to get high rankings in 2019
- H1 headings are important - or are they?
- Google releases September 2019 broad core algorithm update
- Reminder: it’s not enough to remove technical errors to rank well (but it’s important)
- View all past issues...